Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Chance I could be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chance I could be pregnant?
xchellex
Neophyte
Member # 26818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xchellex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my boyfriend had sex last night without a condom. it felt so good. But now we are worried I may be pregnant.I felt him cum up me, but when I went to the toilet, some dribbled out of me. Im due my period around the 13th of this month. Is there any chance I could be pregnant? I was going to try and pregnancy test on Sunday. What should I do?! Please help and let me know.
Posts: 11 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be blunt. You have a huge pregnancy risk. There is still time for you to get Emergency Contraception, I would advise you to go to your GP and ask for it(I'm not sure if it's available over the counter in the UK).

Wait about a week and a half, and do a pregnancy test. Do another two weeks later to confirm the result.

You have also had an STI risk, so you should get tested within the next few weeks.

You should always,always, always use a condom when having sex, it protects against pregnancy and STDs.

I hope it works out ok for you.

Rebecca

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchellex
Neophyte
Member # 26818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xchellex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks very much

Been tested for STI and ain't got any.
Wht do you mean you will be blut? is there a high risk I could be pregnant? Would the egg have released? I am abit confused.

help please love chelle

Posts: 11 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is quite a high risk of you being pregnant.

I don't know what your cycle is like, I don't know if the egg is released yet, or if you're at your most fertile. But if you're due your period within the next two weeks, then chances are, you are quite fertile.

But you've unprotected sex, which is extremely risky at any time of the month, so please get EC, and get a pregnancy test.

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchellex
Neophyte
Member # 26818

What an EC?
Yeah I will get a pregnancy test. When though? I was going to get one on Sunday but that is only going to be 6 days after the unprotected sex. I think Im due on my period next Friday 13th.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blunt, meaning, very honest.

We can't know when you have ovulated unless you have been charting your ovulation. But, based on averages, you had sex at a time when it's quite likely you were highly fertile.

It is too early for a pregnancy test, by a serious long shot, But it is not too LATE for Emergency Contraception. if you do not wish to become pregnant, I'd suggest you go get it, pronto, because yes: you have taken a very high risk.

(And just a tip? Usually men who really have had full STI screens also insist upon safer sex and know better than to take the huge risks like you two took. So, I'd not presume you're safe from STIs, especially if you and yours have not been practicing monomagmy and safer sex for at least six months AND you have seen his test results. Sorry to cast doubt, but thatall too often, partners who say they have been tested are either lying or simply assume their yearly blod test, for instance, is an STI screening when it is not.)

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchellex
Neophyte
Member # 26818

Thanks this is really helping me. I will get us both checked out for STI's. What do you mean an ovulation chart? Whens the most time your highly fertile, when you say release an egg, does it mean I have not released mine yet as my period is not due til next week? It was wierd though coz after sex, I went to toilet and some cum dripped out, it this unusual, will there still be some inside?

Please help me right now please! Im feeling so down and need someone to talk to about this. please reply

[This message has been edited by xchellex (edited 01-03-2006).]

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey: we didn't tell you to take this risk. We're here to help, but we aren't responsible for making it all better for you, and we ask that users not demand we answer within a minute. As it is, you won't find a single site like this where you get as fast a reply. So, please be respectful. We understand you're freaking out, and we sympathize, but again, this is the choice you made.

Ovulation doesn't happen during menstruation. For most women -- but not all -- ovulation happens once a month, some time mid-cycle. Women can predeict when that happens once their cycles have become regular through ongoing, daily charting of cervical mucus and discharges and basal temperatures, but it takes at least a few months of doing so to be able to start to predict fertility.

If your period is due the 13th, you have already ovulated this cycle, most likely. Why I said you may well have been at a most fertile time in my previous post is because, based on average, if your period is due the 13th, it is fairly likely you either had ovulated, were ovulating, or were about to soon when you had this risk. And a woman is generally MOST likely to become pregnant (which isn't to say pregnancy at other times is impossible, it's not) a few days before or the day of ovulation.

You're panicking, and yet we've given you information about EC. Have you made any calls to puruse that? THAT is something you can do, and which if you are going to do, needs to be taken care of now. Otherwise, all you can do is wait it out, without reducing your risks any. Us answering questions about how ovulation and fertility work are not going to reduce your risk of pregnancy right now.

(And yes: it's normal for semen to dribble out for a little while after ejaculation.)

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchellex
Neophyte
Member # 26818

Im really sorry about that.

Well Im sure it is due then. But I will take a pregnancy test next week and go and see about the pill.

Heather
Member # 3

Just to make sure we're clear: EC will not work next week to prevent pregnancy.

It has to be taken within 120 hours after a risk, and the sooner it is taken, the greater chance it has of being effective. So, if you want to use EC, you need to seek it out NOW.

As well, much of next week will also be too early for a pregnancy test. A test which yields accurate results should be taken either the first day of a late period or 10 -14 (and ideally the later) days after a risk.

xchellex
Neophyte
Member # 26818

Thanks alot. Im in 2 minds though about if Im wanting a child or not. I know Im young but I have a feeling in me that wants one now and another feeling that doesnt. Ill get a pill tmora.

But is there def a chance I COULD BE pregnant?

Heather
Member # 3

Conception isn't instant: it takes several days, which is why EC can work to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex.

So, no: you could not be pregnant YET from having sex last night. You can BECOME pregnant, however, in several days from that risk, and given you had unprotected intercourse, that is a HIGH risk of pregnancy. You follow?

Per having a child now, for a reality check in thinking about that, take a look at this: http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/babynow.html

Just read it, and remember that in making reproductive choices, it's not just about when we want children, but about what's best for us at a given time and overall and what would be best for a child... for now and their whole life. After all, that child doesn't get to make their own choice, but whatever yours is will effect their lives profoundly.

xchellex
Neophyte
Member # 26818

Yeah I know.

How long does it take for your body to start getting you ready for pregnancy?

Heather
Member # 3

I'm not really sure what you're asking, here. Could you be more specific?
xchellex
Neophyte
Member # 26818

Sorry

After sex, How many days is it when you body start getting ready for pregnancy. In other words when is it too late to stop a pregnany from happening?
When do they signs of pregnancy start showing?
I cant get my words out properly, hope ya understand

Heather
Member # 3

Conception is usually complete within about seven days. But that doesn't mean your body is ready to sustain that pregnancy: that depends on age and health before hand, on pre-natal care, etc.

It is too late to prevent pregnancy with EC 120 hours, or five days, after a risk. But EC is far more effective when used earlier.

xchellex
Neophyte
Member # 26818

Thanks so much for your help.

I don't know what to do. I would love a kid.

xchellex
Neophyte
Member # 26818

I don't know what to do hun. thanks so much for your help.

I would love a kid. If Idon;t take the EC will there be more risk of me being pregnant? I really need to find out. when did you say the earliest time for me to find out will be?

Heather
Member # 3

Did you read that article I linked you to? I'm guessing not, since you replied pretty fast.

Have a look at it: part of loving a kid is being able to care for them and provide for them. One thing that article is helpful for is outlining what those needs are, what they require and cost, so that you can get a better idea about if you're actually able to do that. Knowing whether you can or cannot is an important factor in these decisions, as again, this isn't about just what you would like.

xchellex
Neophyte
Member # 26818

Yes I know.

I would provide everything a child would need.

Just takes time thinking, Im very unsure

Heather
Member # 3

That it does. And considering facts as well as feelings and wants. So again, I'd just suggest you read that piece, there's a lot of information about parenting in the teens specifically you may not actually be aware of, including things like really being in sound enough health to even have a healthy pregnancy, let alone parent.

Often, when we hear young adult users be VERY quick to say they're ready, it's the biggest sign they're not. There are a few threads in here where young mothers talk, often talking about how they learned that the hard way. You might want to read that, too.

But pointing you to these sorts of resources, and letting you know about EC (and your STI risks, and in this case, that's yet one more danger to a child lurking in the body) is all we can do for you at this point. Whether or not you bother reading them or use them....well, that's up to you. Good luck.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.