Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » confused...as usual

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: confused...as usual
graceisgone
Neophyte
Member # 18938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for graceisgone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All right, I feel silly asking this but I need a spot of help. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex back in October...he didn't ejaculate inside (I know that doesn't mean much because there's still a high risk.) However, a few weeks after that I started waking up and feeling very nauseated and even started vomiting...Then I got my period when I was supposed to...the only difference was that it lasted TWO days (unlike my usual 5-7) and it wasn't nearly as heavy. Then last month I, again, got my period...but it was only two days and not as heavy. Now, we're here in december and I've been having these weird abdominal pains that feel very similar to menstrual cramping. The only problem with this is it happens everyday and has been happening everyday for the past month or so. I took a pregnancy test back in October but it was negative...I honestly think I took it too soon to tell but then I started my period so I didn't think about taking another one. The reason why I'm so confused is because I've heard so many different things...I've heard that you CAN have a slight period for the first few months of pregnancy and then I've heard it's IMPOSSIBLE to have your period when pregnant. Also, what could be happening with my abdominal discomfort? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Posts: 25 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take another pregnancy test soon. You will get a definate reading.

Honestly, with the situation as it is, it sounds likely. But it is unwise to go by "signs" (which, as most of the Scarleteen advocates agree on, aren't reliable, and really only include a positive pregnancy test and birth, since not all women experience them and since many can mean other things), and if you took the pregnancy test too early and got a negative, it is likely that your guard was let down.

The "slight period" is implantation bleeding, which many women mistake for a period. But it is much shorter and lighter (think really light spotting) and never lasts more than a couple of days.

[This message has been edited by JamsessionVT (edited 12-17-2005).]

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mommy4life15
Activist
Member # 21345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mommy4life15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds to me like you might be having a miscarriage. I would go see a doctor immediately regardless if you are pregnant or not. Funny pains arent good and can be a warning sign of trouble. A friend of mine has back pain and funny stomach pains and a lot of other symptoms and she turned out to have ovarian cancer. Good Luck!

------------------
~*~Ashley~*~
Proud mommy to Rylee Nicole!

Posts: 51 | From: florida | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.