Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » pregnancy symptoms similair to the flu?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy symptoms similair to the flu?
wubbaa
Neophyte
Member # 25662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wubbaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have heard that pregnancy symptoms can be similair to symptoms of the flu. From anyone's personal expirience, is this true? And if so, do you feel this way throughout the entire pregnancy? Just curious, thanks!
Posts: 19 | From: houston, tx, 77429 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matatas finest
Neophyte
Member # 26077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matatas finest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by wubbaa:
I have heard that pregnancy symptoms can be similair to symptoms of the flu. From anyone's personal expirience, is this true? And if so, do you feel this way throughout the entire pregnancy? Just curious, thanks!

HEY NAH NOT REALLY I JUST HAD A BABY AND I DIDNT FEEL LIKE I HAD TTHE FLU I JUST FELT SICK ALL THE TIME AND COULDNT STAND CERTAIN FOODS AND YOU GET REALLY TIERD AND MOODY I WUDNT SAY BEING PREGNANT IS THE SAME AS HAVING THE FLU.

Posts: 2 | From: new zealand | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I never had any sort of sickness or nausea, nor did I have food aversions. Actually, I felt pretty fantastic throughout my pregnancy.

The point here is that no two women will have the same "symptoms," if they even have any at all.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday, who had her baby in September, and asked her about her pregnancy.

She told me it was pretty much uneventful. She did not get morning sickness, she did not feel faint, she didn't get sick... she didn't even get cravings! My mom had cravings in all three pregnancies, fainted, was sick... a lot of things. It really is different for everyone

Love,
Leni

------------------
dive into shine, even a deep darkness changes into shine, because i am believing the moment

Posts: 114 | From: El Salvador, but living in London :) | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snlchick06
Neophyte
Member # 26340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snlchick06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by wubbaa:

How soon do signs of pregnancy usually begin to show?

Posts: 1 | From: leesburg, ga | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the only sure signs...a positive pregnancy test...can appear as soon as 10 days after unprotected contact.

As you should have gathered from the other posts, there's really no "signs" of pregnancy other than a positive test, missed periods, and giving birth. Some women don't have the "typical" side effects you might expect. Others will have some but not others. They may appear sooner for some and later for others.

So in other words, signs are pretty well bogus as a way to diagnose a pregnancy.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.