Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy
rararara
Neophyte
Member # 25691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rararara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have regular sex & have been missing my period for 13 days now. I use condoms and none of them have ever split. I have quite heavy discharge and am generally quite irritable. My periods can be irregular but I don't think I've ever been this late before. Could I be pregnant? I used to have a lot of unprotected sex about a year ago using the withdrawel method and never got pregnant. I've heard that you have to have a certain percentage of body fat also to get pregnant and I am very skinny. Help?
Posts: 3 | From: wales | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If youv'e been using condoms properly and haven't had any split, your chances of pregnancy are pretty slim.

That said, the only way you're going to know for sure is if you take a pregnancy test.

Your weight (and/or percentage of body fat) would only be an issue if you'd stopped menstruating altogether. Since you have been normally menstruating in the past, we have to assume that you are able to become pregnant.

[This message has been edited by LilBlueSmurf (edited 10-10-2005).]

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rararara
Neophyte
Member # 25691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rararara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But is it possible that any semen could have leaked out?
Two weeks is very late..isn't it?

Posts: 3 | From: wales | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leaked out of where? If there was a hole in the condom, you'd probably have noticed it.

How long are your cycles normally?

Two weeks does seem quite a bit late ... Certainly late enough for me to want to take a pregnancy test to know for sure.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rararara
Neophyte
Member # 25691

Yes I may take one soon.

Sometimes my boyfriend and I find it hard to find condoms that fit tightly around his penis, and they slip off slightly, but only slightly.

My cycles usually last around 5-7 days.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He should look for condoms which state they have a "snugger fit." Most asian brands do, and both Kimono and Beyond Seven are cut a bit more snugly than average.
Posts: 67063 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.