Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help
gapgi69401
Neophyte
Member # 25656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gapgi69401     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am 23 years old my boyfriend(that lives with me)and i have had unprotected sex almost everyday multiple times a day for a couple months, it slowed down the past coupld of weeks because im in school and he works a lot, about 2 weeks ago we had sex in the morning and then i got my period (which was 4 days early and im always on time) but it was lighter and shorter than usual. i am not on birth control either. i have never gotten cramps or anything so it was unusal to me that once my period ended i had cramps and i have had them for about a week. my lower stomach and legs are soar as wel as my back. i have been very tired lately and feeling naseaus. i am unsure of what to do since i know it is too early for a test and i dont want to scare my boyfriend and tell him and go to the doctor. is there a chance im pregnant or is it just a coincidence?
Posts: 1 | From: new britain, ct, usa | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless your boyfriend is just plain daft OR fully prepared to be a father, you'd think he'd be scared enough already.

You have BOTH been foolish (if, that is, you ARE unprepared to parent and unwanting of pregnancy), not just one of you. So, you carrying the worry of this all by yourself isn't fair to you at all.

If your most recent risk was less than ten days ago, it's too early for a doctor's test as well.

Might you be pregnant? Maybe. Might you also instead just be stressing out like crazy and getting physical symptoms because it's struck you that you two have been really irresponsible? Yep. Either way, you'll have to wait it out for the test.

In the meantime, I STRONGLY suggest two things:

1. Stop making bad choices for yourself. Step up, stand up and act in your own health and best interest. If you aren't ready for responsible sex, with consequences you and your partner can live with, BOTH of you should wait for sex until you both are.

2. Tell your boyfriend you ARE doing so and demand the same of him. Like, yesterday. You live with the guy, for crying out loud: making this simple of a responsible choice shouldn't be that tricky for either of you. And by all means, neither one of you shouldn't have been scared all along.

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 10-07-2005).]

Posts: 68085 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, if you and your partner are trying to become pregnant, then now would be a good time for a full physical & STD screen for both of you. Before trying to become pregnant, you always want to have a full check by your health care provider and to discuss a possible pregnancy with your physician. He/she can provide information about how to make your body as healthy as possible and how to provide the best possible conditions for your body to conceive. He/she can also provide information about charting your cycles/etc. that may help speed the process along.

Miz Scarlet is right though, if you don't want to become pregnant at this time, then you and your partner both need to start making some more informed choices about protecting yourselves (because you've probably just been lucky up to this point, and luck always runs out eventually).

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.