Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Concerned

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Concerned
kayblinky
Neophyte
Member # 25603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kayblinky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay, this may be dumb since I have been reading many of the posts and they all sound like what I am about to ask...
Last Saturday a kid I'm seeing and I had sex. I am on birth control and have been for over a year, and it is wonderful and helps me a lot with menstraul issues.
We did not use a condom and I'm not ever sure if he came in me.... My question is am I safe, Or is the morning after pill a good idea?
This morning I have felt a little nauseous, but that is proably nerves? Just some reasurance would be nice, thanks!

Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kayblinky
Neophyte
Member # 25603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kayblinky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PS: I'm also pretty sure that I have been ovulating around this time I started my Ring over a week ago????
Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have been on combined hormonal birth control for more than a cycle, you don't ovulate.

So, per pregnancy, if I'm understanding you've been using the NuvaRing for over a year, you do not have high risks, nor do you need EC.

You have, however, taken STI risks (as has your partner) which are also a concern, especialy since STI transmission is far more likely than pregnancy in your case.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kayblinky
Neophyte
Member # 25603

wait, so you are saying I don't ovulate?? Then why do I feel sick in the middle of the month?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, you do not. That's the major way your birth control works, by inhibiting ovulation.

Why might you feel sick in the middle of the month? Hard to say. If it's every month, it just may be that at that point in the hormone cycle the ring creates, it doesn't sit so well with you. Or it could be something else entirely that has zip to do with your birth control or rperoductive system.

Most women who DO ovulate, for the record, don't feel sick because of ovulation.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.