Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Is it possible?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it possible?
bebsangel
Neophyte
Member # 25514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bebsangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
September 18th, 11 days after the first day of period I had sex with a friend. It had been year without sex for me and almost as long for him. He used a condom, but he got it out of his truck. Since it was in his truck it had been exposed to the summer heat in TN. I felt the condom so I knew that it was on. However I did not see it when he got it on, nor when he took it off. He only stay in for a couple minutes.
How good are condoms after being exposed to high heat?
After the fact I have had very few signs of preg. though I chose not to take them for too much until I take a preg. test. I know how the mind can definately play tricks on you. I will say that I have been craving a lot of apple and orange juice, but I didn't know that this could be a sign until last night. Also, the biggest one, is I keep a sensation like I have to urinate. It's been like this for about 4 days now. But when I do have to go, which is often, not much comes out and I have to make it to the bathroom quick. I have had a couple accidents already. Like the friut juices I did not know about this until last night, I just thought I had a bladder infection, which is still possible.
Any advice? Any comments?
What is, is and what isn't, isn't.

Posts: 15 | From: Dayton, TN, USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless the condom broke, i think you have very little risk here.

Food cravings as a sign of pregnancy dont usually show until at least a few months in. Some women don't have this at all.

As for the increased urination and accidents ... It is more likely to be a UTI than due to pregnancy. Are you experiencing any burning when you urinate? If you think you have a UTI, you'll need to see your doctor for diagnosis and treatment.

If you think you might be pregnant, you can take a test 10-14 days after the last risk.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bebsangel
Neophyte
Member # 25514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bebsangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, absolutely no burning when urinating and no pain.
I didn't see the condom after sex nor before. It was in his truck and after confirming (I just spoke with him) it had been in his truck since about June.

Posts: 15 | From: Dayton, TN, USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.