Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » is it possible...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it possible...
jade_c
Neophyte
Member # 25424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jade_c     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi...

I'm very unsure about writing about this on here but I feel like I need some advice.. and I don't know where else to go right now.
My partner and I were rather intimate last friday night, as in, we almost had sex but didn't - he didn't even get properly in or anything and he most certainly didn't ejaculate, but he was VERY close to doing so. This was all unprotected.

My concerns are as follows, I'm pretty sure I was ovulating or had been in the past day or so. I have now heard that you can become pregnant at this time even if the male doesn't ejaculate. What are the chances of this?? Is it very likely that I could be pregnant?? I'm stressing.
Another thing, I can't really explain it, but I have felt somewhat different down there since this happened. It's an extremely odd feeling and I can't explain it, but it doesn't really feel normal. I just don't know what all this means..

I'm just wondering whether or not I'm worrying about nothing... or whether I really am facing a pregnancy risk.

Posts: 3 | From: australia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have had a real pregnancy risk, in addition to that you've BOTH had STI risks.

If this risk was only last Friday, you may still have time to get Emergency Contraception if you do not wish to become pregnant. You need to get it by Wednesday at the latest for it to still be effective at all.

You will also need to take a pregnancy test 10-14 days after your risk if your period does not come before then.

You two should both also schedual a time to get an STI screening about a month from now.

As far as the feeling you are having, it could be a couple different things, including a possible infection (not necessarily STI/sex related). It's really hard for us to say though without more specific feelings or symptoms. You may want to see if you can get into a gynecologist to check if anything is physically wrong.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jade_c
Neophyte
Member # 25424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jade_c     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thankyou..

As for the feelings, they are hard to describe. I don't think I am imagining them. I just feel different. I mean normally you carry out each day without even thinking of that part of your body, but the way it feels, all I can say is it makes you incredibly "aware" of it, sort of a heavy feeling I guess. Like there is some sort of pressure there.

Today I have felt like peeing all day. I have a tiny drink and after ten minutes I feel I need to pee.

Other than this I feel fine. As for emergency birth control, if I were pregnant, I would not terminate. My partner and I are in a committed relationship. A baby certainly wouldn't wreck our lives or anything.

If I AM pregnant.. I am concerned about the circicumstances in which the baby was conceived. I had had a moderate amount of alcohol that night. And since then I have been drinking coffee as usual. I know the alcohol is very bad but I've since learnt that coffee is very bad for developing babies as well.

Thankyou for the feedback it is very much appreciated.

Posts: 3 | From: australia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Understand that if you had become pregnant from last Friday, it takes time: in other words, at this time, you maybe JUST would have implanted. Pregnancy symptoms this early -- before the pregnancy is even complete -- can't really happen.

Sounds more likely the symptoms you have are from an irritated urinary tract or a UTI.

(Also know that while it's too late to use, emergency contraception cannot terminate a pregnancy: it can only prevent one within the time window I mentioned above, before pregnancy actually happens.)

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MadLittleGirl
Neophyte
Member # 25213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MadLittleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then wait see if your period is going to come but I don't think you are pregnant. It take a lot more then a week to have pregnancy symptoms. The having to go pee is after about a month into pregnancy. I have been Pregnant twice But some pregnancy are different. I think you want this baby, But I am pretty sure you are not,and with the coffee and drinking stop know and what see if your period comes if it dose you can drink what ever you want again.

------------------
As you get older life gets harder

Posts: 22 | From: Somewhere in Tx | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jade_c
Neophyte
Member # 25424

Thankyou for your responses.
The irritation is I think the result of a UTI, which I'm trying to treat at the moment. As for the possible pregnancy, I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy, but I'm not suggesting I wouldn't be shocked either - it would be enormous news. Everyone keeps telling me the chances are so small, but then again it CAN and DOES happen, so I'm just sitting tight.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.