Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » nausea/headaches

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: nausea/headaches
Member # 25085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tabbi0120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im just a few weeks pregnant and my nausea and headaches are horrible. Ive taken the medicines on the list that my Dr. gave me but they just dont work for me and Im not taking the chance of taking something else. I throw up everything i eat ... even like crackers and stuff. I cant drink anything it just makes me so sick. I also get really bad headaches. Is there any thing i can do to hold some food down or something i can eat or drink that wont make me throw up? Thanks.

Posts: 11 | From: Alexandria, Louisiana, US | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 25213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MadLittleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok when I was pg I had alot of vomiting. The doctor said if I can't keep anything down longer then 10min go see a doctor and they can give you a shot that stops some of the vomiting. I know what you feel I couldn't even ride in a car without feeling like that.

As you get older life gets harder

Posts: 22 | From: Somewhere in Tx | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are special drugs they can give women who are having problems w/ nausea and vomiting during pregnancy ... I can't remember the name of it off hand

A lot of people have to eat (ie, crackers and water or something) before they even get out of bed. Have you tried this?

Have you found anything else helpful?

Have you talked to your doctor about this? S/he would be a good place to start.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.