Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » First Trimester?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First Trimester?
trustless
Neophyte
Member # 19317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trustless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Pregnant, but I don't understand exactly when is the egg actually produced? Is it the week my period was suppose to be on or right after I had sex which was a one or two weeks before(actually I think I was ovulating)? and how long does it take for the egg to become an embryo or fetus(which ever comes first)??
Posts: 21 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
froggy_dear
Activist
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggy_dear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A woman's eggs are produced when she is very young - before she is even born! An egg is released from the ovaries each month after she starts menstuating. It takes place during ovulation which is usually a couple weeks before your period (though the exact timing varies between women and can vary for individuals as well).

Check out this article on reproduction for a refresher course - http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/pregnancy.html

How do you know you're pregnant? Have you taken a home pregnancy test? If you have and it's positive, you need to see your doctor if you haven't already. A doctor will be able to address all of your questions and get you on the right track to have a healthy pregnancy.

------------------
There's some tomatoes Chemically engineered - They come out square to fit in boxes.

There's some people chemically engineered -
They come out square
to fit in boxes. -Dan Bern

Posts: 317 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trustless
Neophyte
Member # 19317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trustless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You don't understand what i'm saying
Posts: 21 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
froggy_dear
Activist
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggy_dear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. Could you try and rephrase it then, please? I only meant to help.
Posts: 317 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In short, you HAD to have been ovulating when you became pregnant, or within a few days of it, or else you could not have become pregnant.

When every woman ovulates varies, but it is very unlikely to occur around menses. Ovulation is when an egg is *released*: as froggy explained, your eggs are all produced before birth.

Conception takes about seven days on average, from the time one has sex or other exposure to semen, until a fertilized egg implants. It is an embryo when it is fertilized, before it implants. Later, at around 8 weeks, it becomes a fetus,

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.