Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Please Help Save Me!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please Help Save Me!!!
scared_helpme
Neophyte
Member # 25098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scared_helpme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am holding my boyfriend's baby in my tummy. I love him with all my heart. We have been together for 2 years. We plan on marrying (I know most girls say that and parents just think it's puppy love)..but this is my problem, I am 17 years old with very strictly religious parents, as are his. I want to have his children...when we are married. We made the mistake and didn't use protection one time, now we are paying for it dearly.

I do not want to have an abortion, but I cannot have this baby. It is not an option to tell our parents. I want to have a miscarriage. I can't buy any miscarriage pills you find in a store or online. I need to know the best ways to miscarry by myself.

What do I need to know? I heard something about aspirin? Overly exercising? Not eating much? Stressing?

Please....I need this not only for myself, but for my future husbands life. I am only about 2 weeks pregnant, if there is ANYTHING that can help on this matter, please post. Don't post if you will try to talk me out of it or recommend an abortion or going to my doctor...I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere where everyone knows everyone..

I pray for help with all my heart.

J. Kay

------------------
I'm scared, please help me

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one would be helping you by suggesting how to make yourself miscarry: not only are the few ways that might occur incredibly dangerous, those which are NOT highly toxic or life-risking on your part are utterly inefficient. (And if you end up in the ER due to an attempted forced miscarriage, everyone is going to know what you tried to do anyway.)

Chances are, anything youy'd try to miscarry would just make you ill and you'd STILL be pregnant potentially with a child whose health you've harmed or created an enviornment for serious disability in. Could you live with that: with creating a child you'd have to bring to term anyway who you caused to have to live with bad health or a serious disability?

(And there is no such thing as a miscarriage pill: you are perhaps thinking of RU-486, which is medical early abortion by pill, but that cannot be purshcased OTC or online, it can only be administered through a clinic.)

So, you have GOT to let that idea go: it's understandable you're freaked out, but it's just not a sensible or sound plan.

It also isn't fair to ask us to suggest things which aren't possible or which would put your health at risk or cause a possible child to be disabled or disformed.

So, if you want to deal with this with actual options which you HAVE, let's talk about them. I'd suggest you do that, and we're happy to help with that. Because causing yourself to miscarry isn't likely to work (and understand that most miscarriages happen not because of extrenal factors, but because the fetus in the womb simply isn't viable, and the body figures that out -- it's natural and not controllable), you ARE going to have to deal with this realistically anyway and the sooner you do, the easier it's going to be.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepageST blogabout Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 67076 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(For the record, how have you verified that you are pregnant? Have you taken an EPT and/or had a blood test done?)
Posts: 67076 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morganlh85
Activist
Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morganlh85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you were to ask me anyway, giving yourself a miscarriage is morally no different than having an abortion. If you are against abortion because you do not want to kill an unborn child, what exactly do you think would be different about inducing a miscarriage? Go the safe route and pay a visit to a clinic to get information if this is what you have decided.

If you try any unsafe alternative methods you could end up endangering your own health, making yourself infertile, or harming the baby's health without actually having a miscarriage, so you'd end up with a very sick or malformed child. If you are two weeks pregnant then you can still get a medical abortion, which I suppose is similar to a miscarriage and might be more acceptable to you morally. But whatever you do, choose the safe route, please.

Posts: 304 | From: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.