Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » PREGNANT AND HAVE UR PERIOD????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PREGNANT AND HAVE UR PERIOD????
NINAC869
Neophyte
Member # 24604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NINAC869     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I have a problem...I had unprotected sex twice durning the time I was ovulating. I have a 5 day cycle...I got my period on July 23rd 2005. So today 25th, I noticed that the color wasn't red it was a brownish color...usually the brownish color means that my cycle is ending. However, Im worried cause its only the 3rd day of my cycle. Can I be pregnant? Is it possible to even be pregnant and have a period? Please help!!! Thanks
Posts: 1 | From: BALDWIN, NY | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, you don't have a five day cycle ... You have a five day period. 'Cycle' refers to the number of days between day one of your period and the day before day one of your next period.

The colour of your period doesn't really have anything to do w/ anything. If your period is otherwise normal (length, flow), you're probably not pregnant ... This month.

Continue having unprotected sex and there's a very good chance you will be, very soon. If you wish to avoid a pregnancy, you need to be using protection (condoms, birth control pills, etc.,)

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.