Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » so... i'm going to take a pregnancy test

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: so... i'm going to take a pregnancy test
Member # 19966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alymb03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was on the pill from august to november and then quit for december and january, did it again february and finished it in march and didn't take it anymore. i had a period in april but also had unprotected sex that same month. now i haven't had my may or june period. i know after coming off the pill you may miss periods for up to six months, but is that true even if i was only on it for a short while and had the first one?? anyways, i'm scared so i'm going to take a pregnancy test anyways, any recommendations on what to look for at the store? any advice is appreciated! thanks!
Posts: 23 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many tests are sold in packs of two, which is handy because if you come up with a negative result the first time, you can taker a second test a week later as a double-check.

When I had to take one, I got the kind with the digital readout, because that to me seemed a lot easier than looking for lines, but because they function in the exact same way and the digital ones are usually more expensive, whatever fits in your budget will work as well as any of the others.

And you'll probably see this in the instructions, but using your first morning's urine, or taking the test when you go to the bathroom right when you get up, is the best time to take it, because it's when the pregnancy hormone that the test detects is most built up since the urine has been sitting in the bladder all night.

[This message has been edited by dailicious (edited 06-29-2005).]

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.