Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Baby Maybe?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Baby Maybe?
igby_goes_down
Neophyte
Member # 24187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for igby_goes_down     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I just started having sex three weeks ago with each other. Before then, we were both virgins. We have only been using condoms so far, as we haven't had a chance to get oral contraceptives for me. Before he comes, my boyfriend has been pulling out as well, just for added safety.

Last week after he pulled out, he realized that he may have leaked a small amount of semen near my vaginal area. After he told me, I went to the bathroom and rinsed myself off down there with soap and water.

I was just wondering what you all thought my chance of pregnancy is. I should be getting my period any day now, and that is just making me more worried. If I don't get it within the next week and a half, I'm going to take a pregnancy test.

Thanks a lot!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, you've already figured out the solution. if in a week no period comes, take the test.

but for future reference, note:

1. don't pull out early with a condom. abrupt withdrawal can cause the condom to slip and spill. instead, let him finish the act as normal, then (while he's still erect!) he needs to grip the ring while withdrawing. this will keep the condom on his penis and prevent leaks.

2. If you have a spill, you can get emergency contraception. but it must be taken within 120 hours, preferably within 72 hours. the sooner you take it, the more effective it is. you can get EC at clinics, your regular doctor (but be prepared to pay out of pocket), and in some states and countries at the local pharmacy/chemist.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
igby_goes_down
Neophyte
Member # 24187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for igby_goes_down     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks.

When he pulls out, he holds onto the ring to make sure that it doesn't slip of. Is it still safer from him to finish inside of me even if he holds onto it when pulling out?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, just let him finish becuase people really do get too caught up in trying to pull out early, and it can be very abrupt. you run higher risk of condom failure (tearing and slipping) that way. so just tell him to finish up and grip as usual.

just to make sure, you can read A Simple Condom Primer for info about proper condom use.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slegnaevoba
Neophyte
Member # 24235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slegnaevoba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a very slight chance you could get pregnant. First, he came only a little. And then you washed. Boyfriend and me used to have sex without a condom and well we never got pregnant. Don't worry. As long as your period comes in 2-4 wks.
Posts: 8 | From: Aiken | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladydexter
Activist
Member # 17567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladydexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by slegnaevoba:
There is a very slight chance you could get pregnant. First, he came only a little. And then you washed. Boyfriend and me used to have sex without a condom and well we never got pregnant. Don't worry. As long as your period comes in 2-4 wks.

By what miracle this was, we may never know.

A "little come" is all it takes - hell, if pre-cum can get people pregnant, I'm sure a miniscule drop of ejaculate could.

If you have sex with no protection, you WILL get pregnant sooner or later.

Posts: 336 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ladydexter:
A "little come" is all it takes - hell, if pre-cum can get people pregnant, I'm sure a miniscule drop of ejaculate could.

just remember it only takes 1 sperm to fertilize a egg.

------------------
my LJ

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.