Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Emergency Contraception? Urgent Help, Please.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Emergency Contraception? Urgent Help, Please.
neko_elf
Neophyte
Member # 23592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for neko_elf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I were having sex today, and after we were done, he was pulling out, but the condom slipped off because his erection shrank in size. The condom was still inside of me, not deep, but still there. He tells me that all the fluid was most likely in the tip still, and that he doesn't think I could be pregnant, but he still doesn't know for sure.

I'm supposed to be getting my period tomorrow. We're going to try to find a pharmacy that'll sell us emergency contraception, like Plan B. We are going to go with his mother. Would they sell EC's to his mother to give to me, or would I need a perscription/parent approval?

Is there a possibility I could become pregnant? Also, what is a good way to seek help from a knowledgeable source in my area without my parents? They do not know about this, and I'm sure they will not approve of our actions, and make a really big deal over it.

Also, is there any types of EC's besides a pill, like certain foods to eat to get a miscarriage? I've heard that if you take a lot of Vitamin C, it will decrease the chances of pregnancy.

Is this true? Are there any foods/vitamins/etc. that can help cause a miscarriage?

Any information at all will be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you for your time, and please comment with any information you may have~

Posts: 3 | From: FL, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Emergency Contraception

Try out that article.

We would consider what you describe to be a condom failure. This is why it is so important for either you or your partner to be firmly holding the base of the condom before pulling out.

In terms of emergency contraception, in the United States you cannot purchase it OTC -- which means you must have a prescription to obtain it. You can go to Planned Parenthood, your doctor or local clinic, or local ER.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to add on-

The Vitamin C theory is definitely not true; the only thing taking a lot of Vitamin C will do is potentially put you in a situation where you take an unhealthy amount for the rest of your body.

Also, EC, as you'll see in the article, does not cause miscarriages; it acts in a way to either stop you from ovulating (if you haven't ovulated yet) or makes the egg so it cannot be fertilized or implanted so you do not become pregnant at all.

There is no proven food or substance that can cause you to miscarry or act in the same way as EC; anything you read otherwise you should not even consider trying as anything you may read is either lying or could be incredibly unhealthy for you to try.

It is safe and realitivly easy to obtain EC through Planned Parenthood, the codtor, the gynecologist, or an ER. Since your boyfriend's mother can come with you, it should be no problem to have transportation to one. Also, considering you don't want your parents to know about this, depending on how much money you ahve yourself, the least expensive and most confidential route might be Planned Parenthood.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.