Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » home pregnancy tests

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: home pregnancy tests
holden
Neophyte
Member # 23414

Icon 5 posted      Profile for holden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey ok i was wondering if you can take a home pregnancy test when your on your period and get accurate results? i want to take the test but im not sure if i should wait until im off my period because i might not get accurate results. so basically can i take the test and will it work just as good?

Thank you!!!

Posts: 22 | From: YREKA CALIFORNIA USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very few things effect the accuracy of home pregnancy tests, and menstruation isn't one of them.

Do keep in mind that if you're menstruating, you're most likely not pregnant.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morganlh85
Activist
Member # 785

Icon 10 posted      Profile for morganlh85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are on your period, you are not pregnant. The whole reason a period occurs is to shed the uterine lining because a uterine lining is only necessary if there is a pregnancy. Therefore, if you are having your period, you cannot be pregnant.

In the meantime, like I mentioned in your last post, you seem to be having a sexual crisis; I hope you will take a long hard look at your sexual behavior and consider whether this is healthy for you and your body. Please take an effort to educate yourself fully about sex, how the body functions, and how to protect yourself before engaging in any more sexual activity -- it's in the interest of your health and your future!

Posts: 304 | From: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
La_bratti
Neophyte
Member # 23733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for La_bratti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with the other two post...very good advice, how ever I would like to add that we are not here to judge you and many mistakes are made with youth....I would advise you to Get on the pill to prevent pregnancy and use condoms to prevent STD's and to be a pregnancy stopper backer upper you know all the thigs that you have been taugh!
Posts: 20 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladydexter
Activist
Member # 17567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladydexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by La_bratti:
I have to agree with the other two post...very good advice, how ever I would like to add that we are not here to judge you and many mistakes are made with youth....I would advise you to Get on the pill to prevent pregnancy and use condoms to prevent STD's and to be a pregnancy stopper backer upper you know all the thigs that you have been taugh!

Or find a birth control option suitable for you. Let's not forget some people are incapable of using hormonal birth control - I myself am allergic to oestrogen, and have to take the mini-pill.

Posts: 336 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
La_bratti
Neophyte
Member # 23733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for La_bratti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me Edit...
Most comments I make are made in such a manner to be taken as general comments.. some what of a blanket statment, not individualized. That is true, though you have to find what works best for you as an individual.

[This message has been edited by La_bratti (edited 06-05-2005).]

Posts: 20 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
La_bratti

ladydexeter was trying to help, just as you were. If you're going to be snarky, take it elsewhere.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
La_bratti
Neophyte
Member # 23733

quote:
Originally posted by LilBlueSmurf:
La_bratti

ladydexeter was trying to help, just as you were. If you're going to be snarky, take it elsewhere.

Snarky? OMG....some one takes themself a little toooo seriously, didnt mean to offend the snark police, or ladydexter for that matter...I thought she was in my grill next time I wont tit for tat... I will contact the snark stoppers I even made a more user friendly edit^^

Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
La_bratti, either drop the attitude and give the sarcasm a rest, or find another message board. Smurf was just doing her job, and we do not tolerate verbal abuse of the volunteers around here. We do not get paid for our time and efforts, so the least we can ask is a little respect and kindness.
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey bratti, i understand you gave yourself the name for a reason, but we do have some rules we'd like for you to review. check 'em out http://www.scarleteen.com/boards/guidelines.html

from now on, you will be expected to chill out and be respectful.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
La_bratti
Neophyte
Member # 23733

quote:
Originally posted by Aria51:
La_bratti, either drop the attitude and give the sarcasm a rest, or find another message board. Smurf was just doing her job, and we do not tolerate verbal abuse of the volunteers around here. We do not get paid for our time and efforts, so the least we can ask is a little respect and kindness.

YOU GUYS ARE MEAN!
My apologies to the snark police or should I say Gestapo! By the way it’s ok for you to call me names but it’s wrong for me to call you the snark police??? That’s laughable…lol
I have not done anything that breaks your RULES, “You have created havoc where there was none”
I have not been unkind, or disrespectful.. and I have not verbally abused any of the users or volunteers….. you are abusing me?

Your language and attitude is far more severe than anything you could pretend I wrote. It was my opinion (I am entitled to it right?) That you, take your “jobs” too seriously. that must have really offended you. Lighten up!

Read all my post since your soooo interested in what I have to say, and you will see that I was posting for the “right” reasons. Go harass some snark azz who warrants it. (I hope that I am using the word snark correctly….its your word not mine, I’m just borrowing it!)

As far as u Mods demanding respect “or else”…..try giving it, I’m appalled at some of the slight of hand, personal attacks I have read from those “in charge” you can be very judgmental when it serves your personal needs….

I find your comments to be “.hateful, harassing, threatening “I can see after being on the boards for just a few short days….. You are a bit corrupted by your power? lol Who is being “salacious and disrespectful”, look at yourself ?

You may not know it but you may be in “hot water” it appears that the previous two post (OVERKILL) were meant to incite conflict which is against the rules….or at least something that can get you into “hot water”……Who is policing the snark police? I sooo demand Justice! lol…not realy

PS….thank for the link to the rules, I didn’t know it was scarlet law that I may not allow friends or family to use my handle, my mom will be sooo upset because she leaned over my shoulder once and posted a reply….hot water mom…hot water. "Let the punishment fit the crime"...ROTF

LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have a comment or complaint about any of the users or moderators of the boards you can send an email to Miz Scarlet at boards@scarleteen.com

Otherwise, i think we're just about done here.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.