Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » pregnant sex?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnant sex?
dotta
Activist
Member # 20900

Icon 5 posted      Profile for dotta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is it okay to have sex when you're pregnant? and if so, is it okay for my boyfriend to "bust" inside of me, since im already pregnant?
Posts: 76 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sex during pregnancy is fine. Unprotected sex is never a good idea since you're still at risk for STD/STIs.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
y'know, considering you're already having an unwanted pregnancy, it's a good time to get into the habit of practicing safer sex. Preventing STDs should ALWAYS be on the minds of teens and young adults since they strike us the most. But moreover, I presume you're not likely to be ready to get pregnant again anytime soon. So why not learn to prevent getting pregnant? Some people resist making the switch to condoms, and it may take them a little time to get comfy with the idea. Start now so it won't feel weird later.

After all, you've already said that you were freaking out and terrified about pregnancy and abortion. Isn't it worth it to you to not to have to go through that again just by behaving a little more responsibly?

Speaking of responsiblity, drinking alcohol and using other substances really kills many people's ability to insist on using condoms, and it leads to more trouble. So perhaps you should also consider curbing the alcohol, too.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dotta
Activist
Member # 20900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dotta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
which is a better protection method, birth control or condoms?
Posts: 76 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Condoms ARE a method of birth control.

Read all about them (and the effectiveness of a lot of methods) right here: Margaret SangerÝs Disneyland - An easy chart of your birth control options

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
froggy_dear
Activist
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggy_dear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to say that you probably shouldn't use the pill (which is what I assume you mean by the birth control option) when you're pregnant. The hormones could interfere.

------------------
I see you shiver with antici......pation

Posts: 317 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dotta
Activist
Member # 20900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dotta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i meant like after all this is over....which is a better birth control method? the pill, condom, whatever
christinejones
Activist
Member # 19128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christinejones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello dotta
i just replied to your other post as i have had an abortion. please feel free to ask me anything you are worried about if you think it might help. i really relied on the support of my friends and family it meant everything to me at that time - so ask whatever you want...

re. the birth control you can use the pill and the condom together if you want (should be pretty effective at least) and stops possible STIs too. at my clinic they set me up with some birth control pills when i wen t back for my aftercare check-up (i think it was two weeks afterwards)

i am sorry but for some reason the post in support groups hasn't yet come on to the board.

Posts: 139 | From: los angeles | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by froggy_dear:
Just wanted to say that you probably shouldn't use the pill (which is what I assume you mean by the birth control option) when you're pregnant. The hormones could interfere.

hey froggy, just a quick point. no doctor in his/her right mind will prescribe birth control pills to someone who is currently pregnant.

In many places, when you have an abortion, after the counseling, the clinicians will give you a Rx for birth control pills.

But dotta, you should use BOTH birth control pills and condoms for maximum protection (if one fails, you've got a backup already in place) against pregnancy AND stds. HOWEVER, if oyu smoke, do not take the pill. the last thing you want is to have a stroke.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
froggy_dear
Activist
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggy_dear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(point taken. I just get a series of "what-if's?" going off in my head.)

------------------
I see you shiver with antici......pation

Posts: 317 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dotta
Activist
Member # 20900

alright guys...i had my abortion on december 2 and im feelin alright except for the random cramping but christinejones thanks for the support and the advice as well as all of you guys and one more question. how long does the bleeding last after the abortion?

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.