Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » very strange but possible?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: very strange but possible?
tatsuchan
Neophyte
Member # 18874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tatsuchan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
about a month or so ago, my boyfriend and i fooled around but we did not have sex and we paid special attention to avoiding any risk.

now this is where it gets tricky.

i went home that night at about 11. at 3 in the morning i woke up to a sharp, crippling pain in my left ovarie area... i asked my mom about it and she said i was probably just ovulating and that it can sometimes be very painful. i have been getting my period for a few years now and never before had it been that painful-- i dont even get cramps! the pain went away after a day or so, so i forgot about it.

a few weeks later i started a summer athletics program and i have been doing a lot of running, but not intense amounts, just enough so that i figure i should be in shape. however, the curve between my hips and breasts doesnt seems as pinched as it used to be, i may just be paranoid or self critical but i feel a little straighter down, and i have gained 5 pounds this month. also, my breasts look a little bigger and have felt sore lately. even my boyfriend said that he couldnt pinpoint it, but it did look like i had gained weight.

i also did not get my period this month either. im thinking that the sudden introduction of the athletics program for someone like me who doesnt do a lot of physical activity might have thrown off my period and maybe the 5 pounds is muscle. i know the only way to KNOW is to take a test, but is all this possible when we hadn't even slept together?

PS - how can i find local abortion clinics, if i need one?

Posts: 9 | From: Acton, MA, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
taurus*girl
Activist
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for taurus*girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure exactly what you meant by fooling around, whether it was oral sex, manual sex, or dry sex, but here is an excellent link to assess your risks of pregnancy. http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/preg_risk.html

If you and your partner were careful not to let any pre-cum or ejaculation (if any) near the vagina, then you have next to no chance of a pregnancy. But if you would like to set your mind at ease, then go out and buy a pregnancy test.

Posts: 49 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As we are not doctors, we cannot diagnose your pain. If it continues, see your doctor. As for a pregancy risk, you did not define "fooled around". There is no risk if your boyfriend's semen did not come in contact with your vulva. If it did, all bets are off.

What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts

As for your period, it can be delayed or skipped by a stress to your body such as the excercise program you mentioned or shift work. The weight gain may be because you are gaining muscle mass which is heavier than fat or normal tissue. Has your clothing size changed?

MIA or Dude, Where's My Period?

If you wish to reassure yourself, please take a home pregnancy test. It will be accurate by this time. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 07-21-2004).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tatsuchan
Neophyte
Member # 18874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tatsuchan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i say fooling around i mean that we were in our undergarments, and holding each other and kissing and such, but i knew that if his erect penis got too near even the outside of vulva, that there was a risk because of pre-cum.

i know that the risk is very low. right now a pair of lose pants feels a little more snug, but i'm going to be self-reassuring and say that maybe my body is reacting to my excersize program by retaining more water?

thanks.

------------------
"You know, for a man with no dignity, you certainly have a lot of dignity."

Posts: 9 | From: Acton, MA, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honey, you know you have a pregnancy risk, even though it's low, and you know you need to take a test.

Stop worrying about the waistband of your trousers and take a test. It's possible your period is delayed for any number of reasons, but while starting a new athletics program is one of them, another is that you're pregnant.

Take the test, really.

------------------
Hope this helps,
--Bri

Love Scarleteen? Show your love for just $1.

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with the taking a pregnancy test people, all the way.

But, if it makes you feel any better, this is my experience: I have had 2 scares when I thought I was pregnant. Once, I had unprotected sex, he didn't come, but you know the risks. Well, from the day it happened to my period, which came about 2 weeks late, I was freaking out. I sang when I finally started menstruating. The second time, we used a condom, but there were some variable I asked about in another post. Again, my period was 1-2 weeks late.

I think there's some strange, cosmic karma looking out for me whenever I do something stupid, and to get back at me for it, it teases me for a little bit, just enough to scare me out of doing something stupid again. And so far, it's worked. The cosmically-delaying-my-period (which is probably just my body's reaction to the ridiculous amount of stress I generated during those times) shtick is just what I need for a wake up call. Inconvienent, yes. Annoying, yes. Necessary, for sure.

Maybe we have the same cosmic karma thing. I recommend some meditation, just calm down.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tatsuchan
Neophyte
Member # 18874

Icon 10 posted      Profile for tatsuchan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the support guys, i think i might have been a little paranoid... or maybe i'm just being... smart.

i got my period this passing week. it's all good.

thanks for the support though. <3

------------------
"You know, for a man with no dignity, you certainly have a lot of dignity."

tricia
Neophyte
Member # 28974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well is fooling around ? what did you guys all do?
Posts: 3 | From: canada | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tricia? What exactly is it that you're asking?

Also bear in mind that this topic is nearly 2 years old. The odds of the original poster seeing this aren't very good.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.