Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Period during pregnancy???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period during pregnancy???
bl0nd1e2003
Neophyte
Member # 17478

Icon 4 posted      Profile for bl0nd1e2003     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I know the first thing ur gonna do is tell me to do is take a preg. test or see a doctor... yeah yeah yeah... I was just wondering... how many people have actually had their period during pregnancy?

I had sex unprotected a couple times the first was April 23rd. Well that period was normal and they are usually about 4-5 days of heavy bleeding with 1-2 light afterwards.. I usually wake up in the morning and after i pee there it is. Well I was suppose to get my period about May 1st and all i had was spotting for like 3 days and one day of medium bleeding... Well i had thought i was pregnant then and kinda ignored the fact when i spotted and had a day of bleeding.

Well now its time for this period and so far all ive had is spotting again this is the 2nd day of it so far. And ive been feeling kinda sick off and on all day long for the last couple weeks, tender breasts, going pee more, all that stuff. plus ive been the same weight for 3 years and all the sudden in like the last 2-3 weeks ive been gaining weight and i dunno why.

I havent taken a pregnancy test yet cuz im only 17 and scared out of my mind that i really am pregnant. I've also heard from alot of people that you have this feeling when you are pregnant and you know you are. Well my stomach has felt really weird lately and i have that feeling i am. What are the odds of a girl actually having her period when she's pregnant? I know i need to test and im planning on it..

Sorry this is so long..

Thanks in advance

Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nmcowgirl87
Activist
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nmcowgirl87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, here goes:

1. You cannot get your period when you're pregnant. You CAN get spotting and / or vaginal bleeding, which is a reason to immediately call your GYN. It can signal an impending miscarriage or other problems.

2. There are no symptoms that can tell you whether you're pregnant or not. We're girls. We have hormones. They do weird things. It sounds like you cycle has just changed a little bit, but talk you your GYN about it. That's all their is to that.

3. You got it right - you should take a pregnancy test. It will give you peace of mind. You can also get a blood test from your doctor.

4. If you haven’t started taking care of your sexual health on a regular basis, I suggest that you get started right know. You need to see a GYN, and get a full STD/STI screening besides a pregnancy test.

5. In the future, use a condom! It's a heck of a lot easier to prevent this type of problem. If you don't take seriously the risks of an unplanned pregnancy or STD, than you may need to reconsider whether or not you're ready for sex.

XOXOX,
Tab

------------------
Ride it like you stole it!

Posts: 64 | From: Carlsbad, NM USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunshineLK0517
Activist
Member # 17296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunshineLK0517     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you can't get your period during pregnancy..you can get a little implantation bleeding though. I agree with the last post that maybe your cycle is changing. that happened to me a few months ago when i thought i was pregnant but it turned out that i wasn't and my cycle was just changing. i know your scared but the only way to give you peace of mind is get a pregnancy test!
Posts: 64 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Londongirl
Activist
Member # 18235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Londongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree.

Take the test, then you'll know if you have anything to worry about or not on the pregnancy front.

And STI/STD screens would be a good idea as well........

Posts: 352 | From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.