Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » period after misscarage?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: period after misscarage?
jessica18
Neophyte
Member # 17581

Icon 5 posted      Profile for jessica18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I GOT 2 QUESTIONS?
how long after a very early misscarage does it take to get your period again?
well i had a misscarage at about 5 or 5 1/2 weeks PG.well my period was due febuary 26(my periods are every 28days)well i took a PG test feb.28 it was positive so had an appointment like 2weeks from that date. so like 1 weeks after i would of had my period i started bleeding and cramping so went to the hospital and they said i was having a misscarage.so sometime this week will be exactly a month since i had the misscarage so i was wondering if your period is still regular after a misscarage or irregular for any of you out there that has had a misscarage?
and for the 2nd Question- can u get PG before you have your 1st period after your miscarage?

Posts: 3 | From: michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In general, you can expect your period to return four to six weeks after a miscarriage; for some women, it doesn't happen for up to twelve weeks. You might expect your first period after miscarriage to be different -- for some women, they are heavier or lighter than normal. After your second cycle, things should be back to normal.

As for your second question, yes, you can get pregnant again after a miscarriage. Pregnancy tests may not be accurate at this point, because the hormones from your previous pregnancy may not have completely dissipated yet. If you have reason to suspect you're pregnant again, you'd need to visit a healthcare professional to be certain.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunflowerbabe
Neophyte
Member # 17915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunflowerbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aria,

You're wrong about the pregnancy hormone geting out of you. By the way it's called HCG. HCG is usually out of you by the time you're all done passing everything from your miscarriage. I KNOW THIS!! I have had 2 miscarriages and 1 still birth. I know what I'm talking about here!!

Everyone is different, every body is different. They(drs) say you should usually get your period between 4-6 weeks. I have never known anyone to go longer than this. Anyways, you can get pregnant after a miscarriage, but it's recommended to wait 3-4 cycles before trying again.

Posts: 9 | From: Sun Prairie, WI, United States | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually sunflowerbabe, Aria is correct. hCG can stay in your blood for up to 4 weeks after a miscarriage, the length of time that that the hCG lingers depends on how long you were pregnant for, thus how high your hCG was at the time of the miscarriage.

Check out the following site, and I called Telehealth Ontario to verify.
http://my.webmd.com/hw/being_pregnant/hw42062.asp?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

------------------
I got accepted into not only 1 but 2 master's in audiology programs! Woo hoo!! I am gonna be an Audiologist!!!

Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.