Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » my wife is pregnant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my wife is pregnant
Darth Menace
Neophyte
Member # 13127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darth Menace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey my wife has been pregnant for about 3 months. this is not the problem however.

the problem is
i)she has very little sex drive
ii) when we do have sex he vagina is so tight/sore that I can't do anything without putting her through excrusiating pain.

will her sex drive come back before she has the baby. will he vagina become so it doesnt put her in extreme pain to have sex?

Posts: 13 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Menace
Neophyte
Member # 13127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darth Menace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
also, when does a pregnant female start to lactate? at how many months?
Posts: 13 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hormones can do interesting things to a person's libido, and pregnancy sure does interesting things to hormones.

when will she regain her sex drive? i can't tell you exactly when, but after she has the baby, her hormones should gradually go back to normal, although the stresses of having a newborn can really cut into that libido.

as for lactation, expect that near delivery time. she'll secrete a clearish fluid first called colostrum, then she'll produce regular milk within a few days of delivery.

anyway, congrats on your baby, and hang in there

------------------
SPAM: Spare Parts of Assorted Mammals

Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plainmaryjane311
unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Menace,
I cant speak for your wife, but I can tell you from my own personal experience (I am 31 weeks pregnant as of today) that my sex drive returned during the second trimester. I also noticed that sex was a heck of a lot more pleasureful during the second trimester compared to any other period in my life. I've read that this is due to increased blood flow to the genital region in a pregnant woman from pressure of the growing baby.
I never entirely lost my sex drive during pregnancy (at least not yet) though during the "low points" my partner and I invested in KY jelly. It usually does the trick, as far as "tight" is concerned.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.