Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » pregnacy and the pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnacy and the pill
Jenni_05
Activist
Member # 17270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenni_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering can u take a pregnacy test when you are still on the pill? will the pill effect the result of the test???

[This message has been edited by Jenni_05 (edited 03-29-2004).]

Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Birth control pills will not affect the outcome of pregnancy tests. Given that you take the test correctly, you can expect an accurate result.

As an aside, if you've been taking your pill as directed -- the same time every day, not missing a pill, etcetera -- your chances of pregnancy are extremely slim.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenni_05
Activist
Member # 17270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenni_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats the thing i forgot to take the pill one day last week and i took it straight away the next day and i had sex on the weekend and a little bit of sperm dripped down near my vagina i was just abit concerned thats all

[This message has been edited by Jenni_05 (edited 03-29-2004).]

Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you took the pill the next day, and finished the entire pack, you should still be OK. Good on you for wanting to take a pregnancy test, though; it's always a good idea to have all of your bases covered.

Since this happened last week, though, you would not get an accurate result from a pregnancy test for at least another seven days. Wait a week or two before testing, or, wait until you're expecting to have your withdrawl bleed (the week you take your inactive pills.)

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenni_05
Activist
Member # 17270

thank you so much for that.

It really helped and eased my nerves thank you again.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.