Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » bleeding?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bleeding?
ladylittlejohn
Neophyte
Member # 16284

Icon 9 posted      Profile for ladylittlejohn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been here lots before, but I finally TALKED to my mom about birth control. So it should be okay right? Well, about 8 days ago, BEFORE i talked to her, my boyfriend THINKS he came in me a LITTLE. He pulled out, but he's not sure. Then last night, i started bleeding. It's not time for my period and it wasn't very much blood AT ALL. It was just a tiny bit and a tiny bit this morning too. I went ahead and took a test today. It was negative, but it's only been 8 days and that test has been in the car for a long time so I'm not sure how accurate it could be. I've been through this plenty of times before so I know not to look for any little "signs" or anything but I was wondering why I would be bleeding at all not during my period other than pregnancy. Thanks
Posts: 5 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Firstly, he didn't ejaculate in you "a little", you had unprotected intercourse which has a high pregnancy risk.
What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts
Am I pregnant?

Eight days is too late for emergency contraception and too early for an accurate pregnancy test. Get a new test and test 10 days after the pregnancy risk and a week after that if the first test is negative. Many pregnancy test kits are sold as two tests for that reason.

As to why you were spotting, there can be many answers but one of them may be implantation bleeding as the fertilized egg implants into the uterine wall.

I'm not a doctor and couldn't give an opinion over the internet if I was. However, the circumstances warrant taking the additional two tests.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 03-12-2004).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetlilpiper
Neophyte
Member # 17012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetlilpiper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello

I agree with the post up above.. Im not a doctor either.. but I think you should get a new recent hpt .. from the store.. and take a test again. Or you could wait til you miss your period. It could be due to sexual intercourse... bleeding or anything like that. Um I wish I could help you more but if you want to be affirmative.. then go to the clinic and get yourself tested.

Posts: 10 | From: new york | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladylittlejohn
Neophyte
Member # 16284

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ladylittlejohn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took another test after it had been 10 days and it was negative too. So I shouldn't be worried, right?? But now I'm 4 days late, so I don't know if I should be worried. I'm late a lot but not for the past couple months so I'm not sure what to think.
Posts: 5 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
If you took a test 10 days after the pregnancy risk you should take a second one 7 days after the last test. Since your period is overdue, it is probably OK to take the second test now and have an accurate result. Late periods can have a lot of causes and from moderating these boards I'm beginning to think that the "Am I pregnant?" stress is one of the leading causes.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stopthesanity
Neophyte
Member # 17374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stopthesanity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As for you being late on the period, a girl can take around 5 years to get a regular cycle.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.