Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » abortions.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: abortions.....
*maykay*
Neophyte
Member # 17151

Icon 4 posted      Profile for *maykay*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i kno this is a SUPER sensitive subject to everyone.. but my younger sister is pregnant and i need to help her get an abortion or else she will run away from home etc etc which would just lead to many many dangers for her and her possible baby. shes 16 and refuses to have her baby and says that she absolutely cannotttt have it.... i do not agree with this but she has been so upset about it that if she doesnt get to the doctor about it i just know she will resort to OTHER ways to get rid of her baby.. dangerous unhealthy etc. I have money in my account for her abortion but i dont know even how to start finding where/ how to go about getting it DONE... HELP!!!!!!!! im so worried!

------------------
**~the greatest thing you will ever learn, is to Love.. and be loved in return~**

Posts: 8 | From: houston, texas, usa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*maykay*
Neophyte
Member # 17151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *maykay*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
P.S.>> i think i posted this in the wrong forum... my apologies... i should have gone to the emergencies one.. im so sorry.. if u still have any advice or thoughts please help!!!!

------------------
**~the greatest thing you will ever learn, is to Love.. and be loved in return~**

Posts: 8 | From: houston, texas, usa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RumpusParable
Activist
Member # 2295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RumpusParable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
first off, i would just suggest getting her to the nearest Planned Parenthood or similar clinic.

they can talk to her, get her some counselling so that she can get info and really think about what she wants to do with informed guidance.

panic and confusion is understandable, but she needs to speak with a doctor and get her info.. then make a knowledgeable choice.

Posts: 160 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.plannedparenthood.org or call 1.800.800.PLAN

------------------
SPAM: Spare Parts of Assorted Mammals

Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to commend you on being there for your sister. Everyone needs a big sister to guide them when they are 'lost' in times of troubles. I wish every pregnant teenager had someone like you to hold their hand.

Planned Parenthood is an amazing organization. They discuss all 3 options, adoption, keeping, and abortion. They can inform your sister of her options, and if she wants an abortion get her on the path to obtaining one. Your family doctor can also refer you to a clinic. They are cannot tell your parents. Be aware that abortions are pricey. And come with an emotional toll. Be sure to be there for your sister emotionally too. She might decide it is best to tell your parents so they can give her emotional support too. Parents can surprise you, they can be most supportive, even when you think they won't be. My parents were amazing, and I thought they would kill me!

Sooner is better, there is only a thin time line in which one can obtain an abortion safely.

Best of luck

Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sadiedecayed
Neophyte
Member # 17366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sadiedecayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
look in your local phone book under abortions. there are many abortion clinics available, and if you can't find one, check into planned parenthood.
Posts: 2 | From: Oregon, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.