Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » GLBTQ youth and pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GLBTQ youth and pregnancy
Fweezna
Neophyte
Member # 17140

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Fweezna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
am a 18 year old new parent of a two month old baby girl. I am also a lesbian. Some might ask, how did that happen? I have always known that I liked girls. I had been sexually involved in two relationships with girls before. I never thought that I would have sex with a guy, I just wasn't attracted to them, or so I thought. That was before I met Parish. FINE! and very androgynous. Anywho everything happened so fast. Pregnancy was never on my lists of worries or concerns because I considered myself lesbian and still do. I actually believed that being Lesbian would keep me from some of the issues my hetero peers had to face, that even included STDs. No one ever explained that Lesbain is what you call yourself, not what you do. I never knew there was a difference between the two until I became pregnant and grappled with whether or not I was still lesbian or if being pregnant made me Bi. I didnt feel Bi - I still felt very much lesbian. I still feel very much lesbian and will use that term to describe myself. I am interested in hearing from anyone else has experienced this or knows of friends who were caught out there with not enough information.
For young people discovering and questioning their sexuality there is not enough information on pregnancy prevention that uses inclusive terms and language. Many young people who are identifying with the sexual minoriy community are becoming teen parents not by choice, but by accident. An article addressing the issues and lack of adequate and relevant information on reproduction and pregnancy prevention targeting GLBTQ youth would be timely and very helpful if anyone is interested in contributing.

Thank you again for such a fabulous site for young people.

Posts: 3 | From: Forestville, MD USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fweezna, this is the third forum you've posted this exact post in (I removed the second one already).

The user guidelines you agreed to when registering stated that doing that is against our rules, so please cease. I understand it's something you feel is important (and I agree) but one post will suffice.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.