Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » sued for breastfeeding?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sued for breastfeeding?
Member # 15351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confusedmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a question here...Before I had my son I was reading a pregnancy website and a mother with newborn baby had posted saying that she became sexually aroused when she breast fed...supposedly she was sued for sexual abuse. I'm not sure if this is true or not, I just wanted to know some opinions on that. And if anyone experienced the same feelings. Not having breastfed for more than four days, I personally did not feel that. Although I can see experiencing pleasure...not sexually but emotional I suppose.

Thanx for any responses.

Posts: 21 | From: Regina, SK, Canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15917

Icon 5 posted      Profile for EversBoo15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That Kinda sounds like a lie b/c...My aunt has a newborn child and she started to breast feed And she stopped b/c it was bothering her. She said she is aroused like that so she ended the breast-feeding thing...She told her gyno too. Personally I'm a soon to be mom myself...So I've been looking at sites and stuff too...I read articles about stuff like that but they never got sued....Idk about this one though.

Puerto Rican O.o o.O always spaced out 0.o o.0 Puerto Rican Donde esta corazon??

Posts: 116 | From: Va,Usa | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the record, there is a documented case of a woman being accused of child abuse because she admitted to a helpline that she felt sexual arousal during breast-feeding - even though she made it totally clear that she didn't have any sexual desires towards her child and would never have acted inappropriately.

Sexual arousal during breast-feeding is apparently not that uncommon - the breasts are an "erogenous zone" for many people, so it's not that surprising that having them sucked can produce reflex sexual arousal, especially right after pregnancy when you've got all sorts of hormonal stuff going on too.

However, that doesn't in any way mean that someone who experiences this wants to sexually abuse their child.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XCatFightX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's horrible. Hey, your breasts sure as hell don't care who touches them. All your body knows is it feels good and reacts accordingly. I really hope that case didn't go anywhere...sheesh

"My art forgot her tampon and she's bleeding through her jeans, yeah my art don't need no tampon she'll just bleed through her jeans"-Alix Olson

Posts: 47 | From: Maine, USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
allow me to geek out for a second...

there's a hormone called oxytocin that's released in a gland near your brain at some interesting times. notably, it's secreted during orgasm, childbirth and lactation. when a nursing mom orgasms, she lets out some oxytocin, which work with other hormones raging through her body causing her to secrete milk (i've seen the video of this, it's pretty trippy). Conversely, if she's nursing, this release of oxytocin can cause some intensely pleasurable feelings, intended by nature to promote bonding between mom and baby. Of course, with the strong link between sexual response and oxytocin, it shouldn't be a surprise that she might feel some sexual pleasure in there, too.

anyway, she shouldn't be prosecuted for some odd tweek of hormones that are completely natural.

SPAM: Spare Parts of Assorted Mammals

Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.