Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » The Baby's Father...?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Baby's Father...?
plainmaryjane311
unregistered

Icon 11 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Out of sheer curiousity, how many of us soon-to-be moms actually planned our pregnancies? (I didnt)

As a second item for discussion, how did you react when you learned you were pregnant? (I was excited but knew the father wouldnt be, he clearly stated he never wanted children---with me or anyone else for that matter)

Third, for those who intend to keep their babies, why did you choose to carry the child to term rather than abort?

------------------
Heidi A. Durst

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confusedmom
Neophyte
Member # 15351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confusedmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not a soon-to be mom, but I thought I'd reply anyway.

I certainly did not plan on getting pregnant. My b/f and I had only been dating a month and a half when I found out I was 2 weeks pregnant.

I was in shock, happy, concerned, scared, hurt, sad, mad...pretty much every emotion you could imagine I had it. I had a very supportive b/f and family as well.

Lastly, I knew that I could not go through with an abortion. I'd known people that had it done and they regretted doing it. Not only for that reason, but for the most part, I was ready to accept the fact that we created this life, it wasn't fair to end it...even if it wasn't planned. At 17 when I was pregnant, not ready to give up my life (which to my surprise, didn't actually happen)I was still ready to commit to being a mom.
Everybody has different opinions, outlooks on things, I have a friend who is pregnant and debating what she should do, when all her life she was against abortions. Now that it's her, her views have changed.

Posts: 21 | From: Regina, SK, Canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetlilpiper
Neophyte
Member # 17012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetlilpiper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello....

Im 17 years old and mom-to-be in november. However I didnt plan it at all but it just happen. How did i reacted? happy,scare, mad, insulted, ashame, and more list to go on. Even though my boyfriend is supportive and is a little happy about this kind of situation, we both love each other so much and couldn't live without each other. We are young, of course but you gotta deal with it. I have a supportive family on both side and they are anxious to have a newborn baby in the family as well. Im clueless of what else to say.. Im so proud to be a mom lol gonna be a mom lol .

Posts: 10 | From: new york | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.