Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » 10 days as of tommorrow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 10 days as of tommorrow
coconut*~*
Neophyte
Member # 12714

Icon 5 posted      Profile for coconut*~*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sunday febuary 8th my boyfriend and i had unprotected sex which was a very stupid thing because hes turning 16 in april and im 17 my bf withdrew and he says he never has pre-ejaculation but there is always a chance of pregnancy i know that. And tommorrow it will be 10 days not counting that sunday, should i take a prgnancy test? how much would one cost at a place like fred meyers? I am currently not covered by insurence and i wont be until april maybe even later (mother remarries april 4) my mother and i havnt been getting along lately she hit me and tried to kick me out in december so i dont know how to approach the subject with her and i am freaking out here. Can someone help me?
Posts: 16 | From: oregon | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EversBoo15
Activist
Member # 15917

Icon 10 posted      Profile for EversBoo15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
Well I read yesterday that the 10th day is when you take the pregnancy test. I also read on another post the her b/f said he never pre-ejaculation either, but is he sure he didn't pre-ejaculate?...You can't control it. There is a mild chance of you being pregnant. Not trying to scare you but you might want to take one today. EversBoo(16)

------------------

Puerto Rican O.o o.O always spaced out 0.o o.0 Puerto Rican Donde esta corazon??

Posts: 116 | From: Va,Usa | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hold the phone, Eversboo.

Unprotected intercourse does NOT create a "mild" pregnancy risk. It carries a high risk, ejaculate or not (just ask my parents). And when men become aroused and erect, they pre-ejaculate -- your partner likely doesn't know it occurs because it doesn't feel like anything, and with his penis inside you, it isn't as if he can see it.

You can take a pregnancy test as early as ten days after the risk. If the result is negative, and your next period is delayed, it's wise to retake the test -- in some people, HcG will not appear in tests as early as the 10th day.

Don't forget too, that about a month from now, you both should start annual STD and STI screenings, as pregnancy isn't your only risk.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy tests are inexpensive. I don't know about Oregon but at my local pharmacy in Ontario, prices for a two test kit range from Cdn. $10.00 for a store brand to Cdn. $16.00 for a name brand.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plainmaryjane311
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the biggest hypocrite in the world to say this, but wouldnt life be so much better if we all JUST USE CONDOMS??? My unborn son is living proof of what can happen when we dont use condoms. There is a 90% chance that you will become pregnant if you have sex without protection over a 12 month time period. Meaning all the pulling out in the world isnt going to save you in the long run, if you keep up that sort of behavior.

------------------
Heidi A. Durst

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XCatFightX
Activist
Member # 14419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XCatFightX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa whoa whoa...hold the phone on the judgements, plain. If she wanted that, she could just ask the world and there wouldn't be sites like this available.

I got a positive test 11 days after my isolated unprotected sex incident. Some women conceive and don't end up with a + pregnancy test for 16-18 days after ovulation.

------------------
"My art forgot her tampon and she's bleeding through her jeans, yeah my art don't need no tampon she'll just bleed through her jeans"-Alix Olson

Posts: 47 | From: Maine, USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PMJ, let's answer your question a second.
quote:
wouldnt life be so much better if we all JUST USE CONDOMS???

It's not nice to take such a tone with other users, but the question is fair. I'd like to ask you what caused you *not* to use a condom in that instance.

here are some common reasons i've found:
1. inconvenience "oh, we were so in the mood we didn't want to stop just to put one on"
2. trust "i trusted him not to come in me"
3. invincibility "it can't happen to me"
4. feel "he says it doesn't feel as good"

i just wanna get into your heads for a minute and ask those of you whose accidental pregnancies were a result of failure to use a condom what your mindset was at that time. knowing this can help us figure out better ways to encourage condom use.

and if this deserves to be a stand alone thread let me know and i'll gladly restart it somewhere appropriate. if this is an ugly can of fish, i'll erase it

------------------
SPAM: Spare Parts of Assorted Mammals

Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.