Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Planned Parenthood...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Planned Parenthood...
tiaxmarie
Neophyte
Member # 16721

Icon 4 posted      Profile for tiaxmarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey i was wondering is Planned Parenthood will give me a pregnancy test for cheaper than if i went to my regular doctor? How do they do it? With blood or urine tests? Because that will effect when i go... it's only been 10 days so i dont want to risk getting a false negetive from the home preg tests, id rather go to a professional...

also, my gyno thinks i have endometreiosis, does that decrease my chances of getting pregnant? we used a condom, but it broke, and it was in my most fertile time...

thanks

[This message has been edited by tiaxmarie (edited 02-13-2004).]

Posts: 30 | From: Maine, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiaxmarie
Neophyte
Member # 16721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tiaxmarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nobody knows??
Posts: 30 | From: Maine, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes, because the boards are so busy, posts get overlooked. Our apologies.

Ultimately, the way to find that out anyway is to call both places and ask what their costs are, because costs differ from doctor to doctor and clinic to clinic, so we can't know that answer.

If you're going in early, whoever is giving you the test is going to give you which is most reliable test in your instance, so most likely a blood test.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiaxmarie
Neophyte
Member # 16721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tiaxmarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks miz scarlet, do you think a home pregnancy test would be more reliable now that my period is late? or do you think i should still try to go to a gyn/doc/prof?

------------------
*Tia Marie*

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think an HPT would be fine.

Really, they're usually quite accurate -- when you're not talking about taking them very early, and using them corectly, there's really no higher accuracy a blood test offers.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiaxmarie
Neophyte
Member # 16721

thanks miz scarlet

------------------
*Tia Marie*

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.