Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Infertility

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Infertility
pinkharlygirl
Neophyte
Member # 16664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinkharlygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I feel a little silly posting a topic because I'm a lot older than other folk here, but okay...I can do this.

*eh hem*

For maybe five years (no, more than that...) or so, I've had this impending doom feeling that I'm infertile. (But I'm scared to go check it out!) I've had irregular periods for the last ten years of my life, and they've never regulated on their own. I have had unprotected sex (very very bad, I know) and also taken 2 forms of birth control (depo provera and lunelle) within the last few years. I have short (very short, very painful) periods lasting as little as 2 days (one heavy, one very very light) or as long as 5 days (2 heavy, 3 very very light) but never that whole 7 day thing that I always read about.
I often sit around thinking *maybe I'm pregnant?* even if I've had my period since the last time I had intercourse (which is silly since that's not possible), because my periods come so few and far between.

I don't have a history of infertility in my family (if its hereditary) but there is a history of miscarrying (my mom had 3, and 2 kids, my grandma had 4 or 5, and 3 kids)...so yeah, I don't know...

Help?

Posts: 4 | From: Paradise, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, you're holding back on the one thing that would really tell you. Sorry, we can't do the tests to tell you if you're infertile here. you need to see a doctor about that.

but about the unprotected sex. If you haven't been tested regularly for STDs, there are a multitude of infections you can get that will result in infertility. This is why it's SO IMPORTANT to use condoms. chlamydia is a leading cause of infertility and its prevalence is highest in girls 15-19 of all race groups.

Please see a gynecologist and find out whether you have any reprodutive issues and get tested if you haven't done so lately and get on a regular schedule of testing.

------------------
"Young lady, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" Homer Simpson

Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.