Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Pregancy Test?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregancy Test?
tantilizin
Activist
Member # 8074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tantilizin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, i have a bit of story, so bear with me. I tried posting this as a reply but for some reason it never went through so i decided to start a new post[sorry for any inconvience]

My period is late [i'm only 17 and i'm pretty iregualar, i haven't missed a period since i was 14 though, so i mean my period comes anytime during the month, whenever it wants!] So it never showed up for this January, it is now February 3rd and I'm still waiting. Now, my boyfriend and I engaged in dry sex(early december) i had my underwear on and so did he, and he came, but most of it was in his underwear and some ended up on my stomache and my upper pubic area, so I'm pretty sure I can't be pregnant from that, considering I got my period about almost 2 weeks later(. Now, last thursday(Jan 29th) my boyfriend and i engaged in dry sex again, but this time i had no underwear on, and decided to fit him self between my bum and get off. Now, most of his ejaculation was in between my bum cheeks and on my back, he also fingered me and I don't know if any of his ejaculating ended up running down to my vagina because i was very turned on and the fluids might have mixed. Is there a big chance that my period could not be coming because there maybe a chance that i'm pregnant from that incident or could it be from the previous time we engaged in dry sex? Should I take a test as soon as possible? please let me know! thnks

Posts: 43 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have had a pregnancy risk.

Ejaculating between your buttocks is going to result in semen running unto your vulva in most cases. It just is.

(You have also had STD and STI risks, for the record.)

Since it is too late for emergency contraception, you'll have to wait until at least ten days since the incident to take a pregnancy test.

You should also schedule STI screens in the next month.

Future reference? Your partner should be wearing a CONDOM and ejaculating into IT.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tantilizin
Activist
Member # 8074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tantilizin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok thank you. I have two more questions

If my period comes before the 10 days or after the days will i still be able to take the pregancy test or will my period affect the results?

Also, i've learned my lesson and i'm going to take some precautions now, so I was wondering if go on the pill will my iregular periods give me a reason not to go on the pill because it wont work for me?

[This message has been edited by tantilizin (edited 02-04-2004).]

Posts: 43 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some quick answers for you:

1. Menstrual bleeding does not affect pregnancy tests. Pregnancy tests look for pregnancy hormones - hCG - and if they aren't there, they aren't there. Very very few things will affect the outcome of a test - not alcohol, not illness, not foods you eat, not anything you do in your daily life. A good basic explination of how they work and what will affect them can be found at WebMD: http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/76/18994.htm?lastselectedgui d={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

Note that if you are having a true menstrual period, you are not pregnant. Women who are pregnant do not shed their uterine lining, and any bleeding will be extremely light and nothing like the heavier flow of a normal period.

2. Irregular periods are actually a reason many women choose to go on the pill in the first place. Birth control pills create 28-day hormonal cycle complete with a withdrawl bleed at the same time of every cycle. Once you've been on them for a while, you may even get to the point where you will know which day in your placebo week you can expect your withdrawl bleed.

It is also important you note that birth control pills will NOT protect you from sexually transmitted diseases and infections. Your best bet for protection from BOTH pregnancy AND std/sti's will always be a condom.

[This message has been edited by Aria51 (edited 02-04-2004).]

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tantilizin
Activist
Member # 8074

Thank you so much for all the information!
Very appreciated.
I'll be using the both the pill and the condom from now on.
i know i don't have an STI though.

[This message has been edited by tantilizin (edited 02-04-2004).]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.