Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Any Pregnant mommys? (FOR SURE)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any Pregnant mommys? (FOR SURE)
XxWishIKnewXx
Neophyte
Member # 15693

Icon 7 posted      Profile for XxWishIKnewXx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are there any (for sure!) pregnant mommys here? If so, could you please post every now and then on how youre doing and what changes you are having or basicly anything that you think would be interesting for us to know?!? Thatd be great. I just thought thatd be somthing Id like to read about, and Im sure Im not the only one whod find that interesting. I dont know any pregnant people around here, so I cant ask in person.. :-/ Well thanks so much.
Posts: 29 | From: Augusta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bunni13
Activist
Member # 16296

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Bunni13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pregnant. I havn't really went through changes yet. I have been really sick... and I like to eat pickles! LoL. Umm... I can see my little baby on the ultrasound picture. It's so cute! All I know, is that when I found out, I was the happiest 13 year old mamma I have ever known!!
Posts: 65 | From: Missouri, US | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frozendreams
Activist
Member # 7638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frozendreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am 22 and pregnant with my 3rd kid. i have been on bedrest my whole pregnancy due to my previous history, i had two premature babies. and i am now almost 36 weeks but i went into labor when i was 33 weeks. unlike with my other two kids they were able to stop this labor. i have never had morning sickness but i had alot of cramping and heartburn. with my other two kids i bled alot and they couldnt figure out why so i was on bedrest with them too. now that i am this far into my pregnancy, which i had never been pregnant this long before, i am ready to have this baby. by the way its a girl, i found that out when i was 16 weeks.

------------------
formerly unhappykoger

Posts: 118 | From: dayton ohio usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EversBoo15
Activist
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EversBoo15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 16. I'm pretty sure im pregnant..happy if I am...but not happy how it happened.

[This message has been edited by EversBoo15 (edited 02-14-2004).]

[This message has been edited by EversBoo15 (edited 02-17-2004).]

Posts: 116 | From: Va,Usa | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinkerbell05
Neophyte
Member # 15711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tinkerbell05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 9 weeks pregnant. I have just gotten over my morning sickness. Thank the Lord! I saw my baby's heartbeat on the ultrasound screen and I thought I would burst from happiness!
Posts: 4 | From: Clayton, North Carolina, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiaxmarie
Neophyte
Member # 16721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tiaxmarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey im 5 weeks pregnant, still in shock though... everythings going well so far, but im kinda scared, doctors say im at a high risk of loosing the baby, not only because im only 16, but because i have endometreosis, and theyre actually suprised i got pregnant....babys father is doing better now, hes even been coming to me and asking if i know the sex, telling me baby names he likes, and buying stuff already, he was kind of upset at first, now im afraid if i loose the baby, he will be dissapointed, or break up with me... ill kee you posted on anything more

------------------
*Tia Marie*

---edited to fix spelling error 26/2/04

[This message has been edited by tiaxmarie (edited 02-26-2004).]

Posts: 30 | From: Maine, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XxWishIKnewXx
Neophyte
Member # 15693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XxWishIKnewXx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was all really exciting and even brought tears to my eyes...(rare) Well now Im 9 weeks pregnant myself!!!! Im going to the doctor tomarrow morning, so with the question Im about to ask Im sure it wont be answered until I already know from experience... Ive relized by 9 weeks theyll take un ultrasound and make pictures and all.. But how do they do that? Like, with what?? My friend was pregnant at 15..(like me)..and she said "by 7 weeks theyll be able to do an untrasound and the way theyll do it is by using a metal penis looking thing (the camera im guessing) with a condom on it and stick it up there." Now I laughed when I heard that..then got really nervous. Is that really how they get the pictures and such when a lady is that far along pregnant?

Well if I do get to see my babys heartbeat and all toamorrow I know Ill just cry and finally relize that IAM really going to have a baby!! ((now im all excited and not scared at all!!!!))

[This message has been edited by XxWishIKnewXx (edited 03-01-2004).]

Posts: 29 | From: Augusta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is that really how they get the pictures and such when a lady is that far along pregnant?

If they want to do a "transvaginal ultrasound" (which can sometimes provide better anatomic detail if there's anything they need to check), then yes, they'll use a probe that goes in your vagina (although I really wouldn't describe it as looking anything like a penis ).

But usually, an ultrasound scan during pregnancy will be done just by moving the probe around over the skin of your abdomen.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XxWishIKnewXx
Neophyte
Member # 15693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XxWishIKnewXx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well thats better to know. The way she described it to me on the phone was that "it looked like a penis". Hahaha, thanks.
plainmaryjane311
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I can definately call myself a "pregnant mommy for sure". 21 years old, I am pregnant with my first child, which I just found out is a boy. I live with the baby's father, though we are not married and in fact arent even what you would call a "couple", we are (now) "just friends". I was 20 and in the Air Force when I learned I was pregnant, though the pregnancy was most certainly unplanned, I was very excited. Ryan, the baby's father, was terrified. We had our first ultrasound performed at 12 weeks/4 days and have had 3 others, the most recent at 24 weeks which determined the sex of our baby (male). Be very careful with your faith in ultrasound determinations of a baby's sex---Ryan and I were initially told our baby boy was a baby girl! A lot of determinations are made solely on the absence of a penis, which may be tucked between the legs (or he may just be a "late bloomer") I did not experience morning sickness in my first trimester, though i had regular periods of tiredness in the evening that could be cured only with a nap. My sexual appetite increased dramatically in the second trimester, yes, sex is possible while you are pregnant, though you may need to alter the positions a little. Now that I am in the third trimester (I am 27 weeks pregnant)I can not only feel the baby move but actually SEE him move through my abdominal area! Its a little freaky...I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine!

------------------
Heidi A. Durst

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plainmaryjane311
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bunni13:
All I know, is that when I found out, I was the happiest 13 year old mamma I have ever known!![/B]

Bless you, child. I will not make negative comments or ask intruding questions, though I didnt begin having sex until I was a senior in high school. You have a lot of courage to carry a child at 13...keep us all updated on your pregnancy.

------------------
Heidi A. Durst

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flipflop
Neophyte
Member # 15996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flipflop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 7 weeks pregnant as of today! I am so sick I think I'm gonna die..lol...but thats about all the chances..oh and being very tired!
Posts: 13 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frozendreams
Activist
Member # 7638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frozendreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not sure if i updated this but i posted in this thread on the 6th, well my baby was born on the 10th. she was 6 pounds and 19 inches long. so now she is a little over three weeks old, and a very good baby.

------------------
formerly unhappykoger

Posts: 118 | From: dayton ohio usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congradulations frozendreams. I am glad to hear that momma and baby are doing great. Take care of yourself, and your new baby!

------------------
Mommy, my boogers are yummy. Here try some! (I real conversation with my 2.5 year old)

Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetlilpiper
Neophyte
Member # 17012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetlilpiper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello

Im 17 years old and I just found out that Im pregnant. I dont know how far along I am but Im pretty sure by 5-6 weeks pregnant. My family and my boyfriend took it well and they are kinda excited to have a grandchild, niece, nephew, who knows lmao. I hope to hear osme of you some more. Thank god Im graduating this june!!!!! Im a senior mom 2 be lol.

Posts: 10 | From: new york | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeighAnne3616
Neophyte
Member # 16479

Icon 7 posted      Profile for LeighAnne3616     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congradulations to all you new (or soon to be) moms out there!!!
I might want to have children one day too, but not right now. But for those of you whose pregnancy was unplanned, and only if you don't mind answering, could you tell us how it happened (you know,if you were using bc and it failed, what type of bc was it, stuff like that)? I mean, I think it's wonderful that you decided to keep the baby. The few babies I've been around have always somehow magically made me smile uncontrolably. But maybe others like me could benefit from your knowledge and experiences.
Thanks so much!

Posts: 17 | From: NC, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiaxmarie
Neophyte
Member # 16721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tiaxmarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone, im updating again.... Babys father left me, but now im with my ex bf... hes more mature and wants to raise my baby as his own. we dont want to know the sex of the baby, but i think motherly instinct is saying its a girl. my boyfriend wants a boy though. it doesnt really matter to me. im 7 weeks pregnant now. my parents are more understanding and actually getting excited. i feel really tired all the time and the morning sickness is terrible. sometimes while at school all i want to do is sleep! nobody at school knows, my nurse does, but schoolmates dont. i think id like to keep it that way. i know its early to start thinking about names, but i have no idea what im going to name the baby. my sister like Nalia, accent on the i, but im not sure. well ill update again soon.
Posts: 30 | From: Maine, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.