Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Could I be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I be pregnant?
rebelgirl0132
Neophyte
Member # 16449

Icon 10 posted      Profile for rebelgirl0132     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I had sex last week, and I know for a fact some of his cum stayed inside me. Now I started my period, could I still be pregnant or did I luck out? Or will it be next month when I miss my period,I'm totally clueless when it comes to this stuff. Please help!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chances are, you got lucky this time and are not pregnant. if however, next month you have a late period, by all means, take a pregnancy test. As well, you and yours will need to schedule STI screens.

For the record, ejaculate "staying in" isn't required for conception to occur. Most of semen is other fluids besides sperm, so when ejaculate eventually slides out, as it will, that doesn't mean sperm have vacated with it; they swim upwards.

Unprotected sex is ALWAYS a pregnancy and STI risk, so if you're going to remain sexually active, time to get hold of some condoms, learn to use them, and talk with your partner about birth control and safer sex.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chezcake
Neophyte
Member # 15934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chezcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well by the way u said, "luck out", to me it sounds like your trying to get pregnant? Is this true?

If you are you want to make sure that ur going to be able to support a child. I have a lot of friends that have children who wish that owuld have waited longer until they had their children because they couldnt afford them or where still kids and not ready for them. Just a thought

Posts: 22 | From: Ravenna, Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tantilizin
Activist
Member # 8074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tantilizin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, i didn't exactly want to start a new post because this post relates to my problem right now.
Ok, so i've missed my period for January and its Febuary 1st today and still no period. i haven't really gotten any major symptoms, just breakouts and headaches, my breasts aren't sore(they usually get sore the week before). I'm 17 and i'm not regular at all. My period is all over the map. I could get it the first week of one month then the third week of the other. Now, my boyfriend and I are not having intercourse but we do fool around a bit. In Decmeber, we fooled around and had dry sex, and he came, it ended up on my stomache and on my underwear, but only the top of my underwear was wet, and maybe a few hairs on the top of my pubic area(i'm pretty sure). My period came about a week and half later, so I wasn't worried. That was the last time my boyfriend and I did anything that could possibly get me pregnant. So now, i'm wondering could i be pregnant? I don't really think so since his cum did not come in contact with my vulva or vaginal opening, i'm pretty sure.
By the way, I haven't missed a period since i was 14. So i'm really curious as to why i've missed it this month. Should I take a pregancy test?

Posts: 43 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if your period is irregular (and unless you're writing dates down it can be pretty hard to tell) you may not yet have missed a period. It sounds like you didn't actually have a pregnancy risk.

Check out Dude, Where's My Period? and see if that clears things up a bit. You can also take a pregnancy test and expect an accurate result if you're still concerned.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonscanfly
Neophyte
Member # 14225

Icon 5 posted      Profile for dragonscanfly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't really want to start a new topic because this is very very similar to what I am dealing with. My now ex-boyfriend and I fooled around(oral sex). He pleasured me then I pleasured him. He got some semen on my clothes but I don't think any came in contact with my genital area. I had my period a normal week later around Jan 10. I haven't had it since. This is really stressing my out and my period has been pretty regular until now. what are my chances.
Posts: 3 | From: MN, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plainmaryjane311
unregistered

Icon 13 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonscanfly:
My now ex-boyfriend and I fooled around(oral sex). . He got some semen on my clothes but I don't think any came in contact with my genital area. I had my period a normal week later around Jan 10. I haven't had it since. until now. what are my chances.

Very unlikely. Oral sex isnt exactly known to cause pregnancy, that's why a lot of people do it.

------------------
Heidi A. Durst

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.