Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » A question for all girls (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: A question for all girls
barbiedoll
Neophyte
Member # 15614

Icon 12 posted      Profile for barbiedoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the father
cause he has a right to know first. its his isn't it.

Posts: 6 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackTangledHeart
Activist
Member # 15317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackTangledHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd probably tell my good friend who would be supportive, then i would tell the father when i knew what i wanted to do. and i'd also probably tell my auntie who is the main person i talk to.
My parents would be the last to know i think.

Posts: 43 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vero50
Neophyte
Member # 9252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vero50     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would for sure tell the father of the baby first. Then I think we would tell his parents because they wouldn't go all crazy or anything. Then some how we would find a way to tell my parents.

[This message has been edited by vero50 (edited 01-14-2004).]

Posts: 8 | From: San Antonio Tx | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bunni13
Activist
Member # 16296

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Bunni13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would tell the daddy first because then we could think together on how to tell the grandparents. I think we would probably fight over whose parents to tell first (since both would get upset) but we'd probably go with mine. I'm pretty confident that my parents would be nicer than his.

------------------
Bunny

Posts: 65 | From: Missouri, US | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IceCuzImCold
Neophyte
Member # 13802

Icon 6 posted      Profile for IceCuzImCold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would tell my bestfriend Nikki first, she's the only person I really think I could trust with that information. Then I'd probably tell the father. My mom and grandparents would be the last people I'd tell.

------------------
Never spit in the wind--TRUST ME ON THIS ONE

Posts: 35 | From: Forestville, MD, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexy_mami
Neophyte
Member # 16246

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sexy_mami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The daddy! He NEEDS to know right away. Then I would tell my mother probably. =]

------------------
*MaMi*

Posts: 10 | From: jax | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My 2 best friends, the father, and my parents. :-)
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My doctor.

Last time, most of my friends were there when I took the test, and the biofather told everyone in screaming tantrumy fit.

The first person I personally told was my mother. Moms and dads are a lot less scary than you think, folks. I was convinced my mother was going to be extremely angry and disown me, but she helped me out more than anyone -- even the friends who I *thought* would be my support system. You know how many of those friends I still have? One.

Next time, it'll be the biofather and my son, then we'll keep it under wraps until I'm about to start showing, and tell both sets of parents and siblings after things aren't so fragile.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plainmaryjane311
unregistered

Icon 11 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Strangely, the first person I told was not my best friend, the baby's father, my mother, or any other family member. I simply called a friend.
A different approach like that I believe gave me the chance to speak those words "I am pregnant" without having to hear the shock/anger/etc... I expected others to have.
Second, I told my older sister.
Third, I told my mother.
Fourth, I told my twin sister.
And finally, I told the father who became terrified and suicidal.

------------------
Heidi A. Durst

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetlilpiper
Neophyte
Member # 17012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetlilpiper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I was pregnant, I would tell my mom and my boyfriend's family first then tell the rest of the people who does care about me. I would knew that I screw up my life if I was. Thats all I know....for now
Posts: 10 | From: new york | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confusedmom
Neophyte
Member # 15351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confusedmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, my best friend who went with me knew first and then a few other very close friends. Then the Father, my older brother, my mom and dad(step) and then my real father. I had a really hard time with this all...I wrote my mom a note and I was in councelling at the time and asked if she read it, she hadn't and then she asked "why are you pregnant" LOL. With my realy dad, my brother, who is one of my best friends went with my and help me, supported me I suppose.
Posts: 21 | From: Regina, SK, Canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sabprincess123
Neophyte
Member # 17084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sabprincess123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would tell my baby's dad first and after that I would tell my best friends/sister & soon to be brother in law then i would eventually tell my parents/Family
Posts: 3 | From: Fairview,OR , USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
456bearbear654
Neophyte
Member # 17079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 456bearbear654     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first thing I would do is call my boyfriend (he's away at college). Then probably his mom first and then my mom. Parents are a great source for advice and information.
Posts: 20 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nmcowgirl87
Activist
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nmcowgirl87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd deffinately tell my boyfriend first, becoust I know he'd be very supportive. Then I'd tell my mom. We're very close, so I know she'd be very worried and upset but she wouldn't yell or anything. My dad - well, that's another story.......

------------------
Ride it like you stole it!

Posts: 64 | From: Carlsbad, NM USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babydoll86
Activist
Member # 16551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babydoll86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
first i would tell my suspicion to my friends and then go and get the test and readminister it acouple times, and then go and tell the father then SOMEWAY tell our parents (not a good thing!) lol, i am in one of those predicaments at the moment where i dunno if i am or not, so we'll wait and see..
Posts: 131 | From: IL., US | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sister most likely. She lives nearby.

Not that I have risk of getting pregnant right now... no boyfriend... unless it's something I can't control, which I don't want to think about

Then I'd probably tell my friend Stephany, coz she would support me when telling the father.

Then the father and my parents.

Love,
Leni

------------------
dive into shine, even a deep darkness changes into shine, because i am believing the moment

Posts: 114 | From: El Salvador, but living in London :) | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenni_05
Activist
Member # 17270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenni_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd definately tell the father of the baby but there is noway i could tell my parents or my family. my life would end and so would my boyfriends. they are very strict wen it comes sex before marriage and it would kill my mother tho find out if i ever was...... so basically i'd probaly end the pregnacy if it ever happened i know it sounds bad but i don't think i could handle a child.

Luckily i have'nt fallen pregnant as we are very careful but theres still that risk.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The local priest, to let him know a miracle has taken place.

No, seriously, I'd probably let my girlfriend know, she'd more than likely be interested. lol

and then the rents and all my friends after a while. Just to be safe. I'd probably leave it for about three months if i could keep it in. But knowing myself I'd be shouting it from the rooftops. lol

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThirdWatchQueen31
Neophyte
Member # 17285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThirdWatchQueen31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would tell my friend first because i'm a lot closer to most of my best friends than i am my mom (unforetunately)

------------------
Always Remember: 9/11
God Bless America
^^Bush in '04^^

//FaLLiN\\in//LoVe\\
...:::Lauren:::...

Posts: 21 | From: Brooklyn, New York Baby!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessica18
Neophyte
Member # 17581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessica18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i would say if i had to only pick between mom and friends i would say probably either or i could tell cus i can tell my mom anything!she was the first to find out with my first when i was only 15!
Posts: 3 | From: michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iloveschnitzel
Neophyte
Member # 17630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iloveschnitzel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'd tell the father first then my bestfriend
Posts: 10 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleOneUSN
Activist
Member # 17486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleOneUSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would probably tell the babies father first, he should along with you be able to tell everyone else about the good news.
Posts: 95 | From: Liverpool, NY | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girlly15
Neophyte
Member # 21927

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girlly15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friend cuz i no i can always trust my bestfriend 2 keep a secret then the father then wen i work up the guts the family

Posts: 16 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaByGrl
Neophyte
Member # 22014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BaByGrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey,i would tell the father of the baby then somehow get it to both of our parents!

------------------
~*BaByGrl*~
~I Love Collin Always N Forever N Ever~NoOne Can Stop Us Now Baby~

Posts: 5 | From: Edmonton,Alberta,Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post 
well i would tell the father if i thought i was pregnant then my two best friends alexander and tom cos i know all three of them would get me through it together. then if i was definately pregnant i would tell mum so she could help me figur out what to do
Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mysterious Dark Angel
Neophyte
Member # 22271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mysterious Dark Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first person I told was my closest friend then she helped me to get the strength to tell my mom who was wanna the first few to know

------------------
~AngelEyes~

Posts: 1 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shortys Angel
Neophyte
Member # 22439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shortys Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would tell my boyfriend, cry a TON and then tell my mom..
Posts: 9 | From: WA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candi0724
Neophyte
Member # 22316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candi0724     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the fact being, I've been through two pregnancies and I've told my parents first, I'd tell my friends first. My mom isn't the supportive type.lovelyluvella, for the record, friends aren't always the person
they appear to be. You said they'll be supportive of you. Don't be to sure of that.
I though the same thing but once my friends found out I was going to have a baby, they dropped me like a bad habit. With both of my pregnancies. I'n sayong it's going to happen to you, I'm just saying be careful.

------------------
You'll never know what you've had until you've lost it.

Posts: 8 | From: St. Louis, MO,USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katherose
Activist
Member # 22441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katherose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, first I would call the Vatican, as a miricle would have had to occur. Is that enough to qualify for sainthood?
Really, it would be my mother. Definately. Then an abortion. I might or might not tell the father of the fetus. If I thought that he might tell me to keep the fetus, or berate me for getting pregant or getting the abortion, then I would not tell him.

[This message has been edited by katherose (edited 03-12-2005).]

[This message has been edited by katherose (edited 03-12-2005).]

Posts: 45 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candi0724
Neophyte
Member # 22316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candi0724     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the fact being, I've been through two pregnancies and I've told my parents first, I'd tell my friends first. My mom isn't the supportive type.lovelyluvella, for the record, friends aren't always the person
they appear to be. You said they'll be supportive of you. Don't be to sure of that.
I though the same thing but once my friends found out I was going to have a baby, they dropped me like a bad habit. With both of my pregnancies. I'n sayong it's going to happen to you, I'm just saying be careful.

------------------
You'll never know what you've had until you've lost it.

Posts: 8 | From: St. Louis, MO,USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post 
candi0724 it may be slightly unfair of you to tell luvlyluvella that her friends may not be what they seem. she knows them and if they are already helping her through the situation it isnt entirely fair to judge. i know i wouldnt think it fair if you told me that my best friends may not help me through my situation...
Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may not seem fair, but it is a good point to bring up. When I got pregnant, even the friends I'd had for years and trusted with everything kind of disappeared. I have one friend left from that point in time, and she still only really hangs out with me when my kid's not around. It's not that uncommon, either; most first-time moms find they lose their old friends, and gain new child-friendly friends instead.
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crzychica0815
Neophyte
Member # 22500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crzychica0815     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think i would tell my friends first,then the father,and last i would tell my parents i donno how but i would even if they kill me...

------------------
babygurl

Posts: 7 | From: texas,united states | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle Ravel
Activist
Member # 21100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle Ravel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Out of all these replies, I've only seen one or two who would tell their mothers first. That's too bad. I would tell my mother absolutely as soon as I could--whether I was happy with the pregnancy or not. She would be the one to help me the most if I was in trouble, and the one who would be the happiest for me if I wanted the pregnancy.

Of course, my wonderful boyfriend would also be on my "tell right away" list.

But, quite honestly--and I'm 21, folks--I wouldn't be able to wait until I got on the phone with my mom.

Posts: 51 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jillybilly
Neophyte
Member # 19523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jillybilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
probably my one of my teachers
i'm really close with her and she was the first person i told when i thought i was pergnant a few years ago

Posts: 31 | From: White Rock, BC, Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.