Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » for my mother.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: for my mother.
Curious_Girl101
Neophyte
Member # 7903

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Curious_Girl101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you see there is no possible way my mom could have anymore babies, surgery etc..
but she just got married last year, and she is really depressed because she wants to share a baby with her new husband. we've heard of things like anotehr woman uses the eggs and sperm, and is placed in here uterus, and she bares the baby for you. i believe? if im correct s omething like that. Though my mom is willing to pay someone alot of money for this, she is afraid that the woman who agrees to this, might back out. not being able to depart from the child, thus ending up with my mom and her husbands baby (formed with tehre eggs/sperm.) and that wouldnt be very good to happen. And she feels that adoption takes to long, and is years of hassle.
Do any of you, have any ideas, information, on how to go about this, what to do, where to start etc.? very much appreciated thanks.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What you are talking about is called surrogacy (though if the surgery your mother had was a hysterectomy, she isn't producing eggs that can be harvested for such).

Your mother can find resources on that and lots of information via a simple web search, and yes it is controversial, and has the possibility of being risky.

From a personal viewpoint though, I'd actually suggest your mother consider adoption. Every year, there are hundreds of thousands of children who go unadopted and need homes, and in fact, a bit of a myth that it takes a long time and is years of hassle. That simply isn't so. It is only such for couples who insist on brand new infants of a given race or gender.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.