Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Hiya! 18 y.o. mom to be

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hiya! 18 y.o. mom to be
TinkyMomma18
Neophyte
Member # 11641

Icon 10 posted      Profile for TinkyMomma18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! I'm joining all the teen/young parent sites I can fined. lol. My name is Sarah, I'm 18, 7 weeks pregnant and gonna be getting married soon! I live near Chicago, IL. I've been pregnant before...date rape...got an abortion. Not one of my best moments. I always have a lotta questions, my body is going nutty. Heartburn, hip padding, aversion to anything sweet. EEP!

------------------
<3, Sarah
18 y.o. soon-2-be momma

Posts: 8 | From: Glendale Heights | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, welcome! New moms and moms-to-be are always welcome to join our ranks, and it's exciting to see new faces. Have you checked out girlMom yet? Also feel free to start your own thread for journaling in our Village People forum.

Heartburn and food aversions are normal in pregnancy, unfortunately. Heartburn happens due to the cramped way your stomach has to lay to accomidate the growing uterus, and food aversions can be due to hormonal fluctuations and pregnancy-related nausea. I've found that for heartburn, Tums work well (they've even got extra calcium you need!) and peppermint flavored candies (like Preggie Pops or starlight mints) also work to calm upset tummies.

Glad to have you here, and good luck in your pregnancy!

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Tinkymomma!
How's the pregnancy going?
Can you tell us a bit about the changes you are experiencing? (If you want to of course ) How do you feel?
Hope everything is going well!
Good luck,
Love,
Leni

------------------
dive into shine, even a deep darkness changes into shine, because i am believing the moment

Posts: 114 | From: El Salvador, but living in London :) | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TinkyMomma18
Neophyte
Member # 11641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TinkyMomma18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heylo! Everything's going pretty good. Even though I did spend last Friday in the Emergency room. Blacked out and hit my head. No worries though, just low blood pressure. They dumped 2 liters of sodium chloride into my arm (where I now have a huge bruise) I've gained 2 pounds...my boobs are getting HUGE (and they hurt). I've suddenly got freckles, out of nowhere. I'm officially 11 weeks and fast approaching Trimester number 2. Yay! The baby has shifted up so it's no longer on my bladder. No more peeing every 5 minutes! We call'em Turtle..because that's what it looked like on the ultrasound. (go to www.snapfish.com/quirkytinkerbell to see) My next appointment is March 24th and I go to the health department March 14th to get on a govt. program called Kidcare...since I have no prenatal insurance. Oh and I have cravings for broccoli. (yummy)
Posts: 8 | From: Glendale Heights | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatsthatmommy
Activist
Member # 7869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatsthatmommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you could, would you reverse your choice?
Posts: 69 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TinkyMomma18
Neophyte
Member # 11641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TinkyMomma18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reverse my choice of being pregnant now?
No.
Reverse my choice of having an abortion in my first pregnancy?
Yes, I should have listened to myself instead of others.

Keita
Neophyte
Member # 11825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. *smiles* Congratulations on your pregancy! I'm 19 and have a (nearly) 3 year old daughter so I can relate to the experience of being a young parent. I second the recommendation to go to htpp://www.girlmom.com ... it's an awesome forum.

Incidentally, my boyfriend lives in Woodridge ... that's only maybe 15 minutes away from Villa Park, if I'm not mistaken? I like the area ... the suburbs are a nice place to be.

Posts: 16 | From: Sault Ste Marie, Ontario | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TinkyMomma18
Neophyte
Member # 11641

Oh yes, woodridge is very close. I actually have belonged to girlmom.com since...geez, like 5 months ago probably. I love it there. (my un on there is QuirkyTinkerbell)
Keita
Neophyte
Member # 11825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Keita on GM, just like here ... I'll keep my eye open for you there. *smiles*
Posts: 16 | From: Sault Ste Marie, Ontario | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TinkyMomma18
Neophyte
Member # 11641

-- edited --

Corny, I know. But it's me.

(Note from Miz S: Tinky, as stated in the user guidelines, we don't allow users to post photos or other highly personal identifiers at the board for your own safety and ours. Sorry, but it's primarily for you and it helps keep risks at this board for users to the barest minimum.)

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 03-07-2003).]

religously concious
Neophyte
Member # 12233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for religously concious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Tinky mamma, and CONGRADULATIONS!! I am very glad that you have chosen to accept this blessing from GOD, and I wish you all the best luck and hapiness with your child.

Best regards,
Crazy Polish New Yorker

Posts: 24 | From: Buffalo,Ny,USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Religiously, this forum is supposed to be a safe-haven for pregnant and parenting teens. This means young men and women can come in here without fear of having others' reproductive choice opinions thrust upon them, and without fear of having their personal choices questioned as being morally "right" or "wrong."

This forum is for pregnant and parenting teens of all ages, sexes, races, and creeds. Writing the name of a deity in all caps may be interpreted as a personal insult to someone who does not share your beliefs.

Until you have something worthwhile to add to discussion, something other than just parroting what's been said before and forcing your religious values and beliefs onto other people, until you can come here with real insight on the pregnant and parenting experience, perhaps you are better suited for another bulletain board for people like you.

[This message has been edited by Aria51 (edited 03-17-2003).]

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey!
How is the pregnancy going? Haven't seen posts from you for a while. Hope everything is going good!
Love,
Leni

------------------
dive into shine, even a deep darkness changes into shine, because i am believing the moment

Posts: 114 | From: El Salvador, but living in London :) | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TinkyMomma18
Neophyte
Member # 11641

Heylo!
Everything is still going good. I'm 17 weeks now. The baby has started to move a bit too. I'm starting to bulge out quite a bit lately and I'm in desperate need of maternity pants..hehe. Oh yeah, we finally got an apartment of our own and moved in last weekend (Saturday). It's really nice, but we're lacking a couch. No cable either, darn it.
So all in all, the pregnancy is going really well. I've finally gotten medical coverage so I can go to the doctor now, thank god. I need to ask him why half my leg is numb and I keep getting frequent butt cramps.
Oh and the pee-ing every 10 minutes is quite amusing..to other ppl anyway.

Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to hear everything is going well!!
Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to hear everything is going well!!

Keep us posted

Love,
Leni

------------------

Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey

Shouldn't you be giving birth some time now?

I mean, you got pregnant in January or so, right?

Love,
Leni

------------------

mimi2256
Neophyte
Member # 14773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mimi2256     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im only 17 y.o. and im also a pregnant teen... im 3mos pregnant.. im afraid because my parents dont know about it this time.. i dont know how to explain to them i know they gt mad when they'll know my situation..and my boyfriend is in holland right now and im in philippines.. i dont know when he will come back here..
Posts: 1 | From: philippines | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mimi check out some of our frequently asked questions. "How to tell your parents" is one of them.

How To Tell The Folks http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum10/HTML/000141.html

------------------
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.