Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Vaginal Pain!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vaginal Pain!
Member # 2205

Icon 9 posted      Profile for WhiteKnee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a little background information before I launch into my question:
I've been sexually active for two years, always used condoms and was recently (2 months ago) put on birthcontrol, because I only recieved my period once in the fall of 2001. Since then, everything's been normal; my periods aren't extremely long or painful and I don't have any discharge that I consider abnormal - just the usual slightly milkly discharge a couple days after my period.
But, the reason I'm posting is because I've been experiencing vaginal pain. The area of my (I'm thinking it's called..) inner labia becomes inflamed and very painful to the touch during intercourse, but only after penetration has occured for several minutes. The use of tampons does not irritate my inner labia. It's very discontenting because I love my boyfriend of over two years, and I regret not being able to make love with him without pain. At first, I thought it might be the condoms we used, so we switched back to the kind (LifeStyle's multicolored) we used before I experienced the pain (which started possibly 2 months ago) but the pain still exists. When I went to the gyno in November, I had a pap smear and the results came back normal; I've only had one sexual partner - always protected, so I'm not worried about STD's. Possibly it's the birthcontrol? I use Ortho-Tri-Cyclen, and I haven't been experiencing side effects that I know of (except, maybe.. this one.) I truly need to make another gyno appointment if this keeps up, but I thought maybe coming to the experts here at scarleteen first might help. Thanks for any information you can provide!

Posts: 19 | From: Olive Branch, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried using polyurethane -- non-latex -- condoms?

I would give that a shot, as it sounds to me like it's possible you might have a latex allergy.

Both Avanti and Reality are two brands made of polyurethane.

I'd give that a shot first. if that doesn't help, see your GYN. Could also be a low-level yeast or bacterial infection, and you're only feeling symptoms during intercourse because of the heat and friction.

Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.