Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Not Mine, But I'm Proud Anyway! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Not Mine, But I'm Proud Anyway!
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I had posted, but apparently not.

My best bud's little one is about a year and a half now...He has a huge head, and a skinny little body. Doc says he's health, and man does that boy eat!

He's such a cute little guy. And cause I'm Auntie Caylin, I can spoil him. With his mum's permission, of course.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah!

My cousin Belinda and her hubby Jason had Brady in December of 2004. He's a cutie!

My cousin Brian and his wife Amy just had Brennan in May. Oh, he's adorable too!

I found out in April that my coworker, Tammy is having a baby, and she's due in January (2006)! I'm excited for her!

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post 
ah it seems that i spoke too soon yesterday as my boyfriends cousin gave birth two months prematurely to a little girl. I dont know any of the other details yet because it was a hurried conversation between me my boyfriend and his gram as me and him went to pick up Joshua so Gram could go to the hospital. Hope she's well enough to be brought home sometime in the next month.
Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unity_the_ninth
Neophyte
Member # 27377

Icon 10 posted      Profile for unity_the_ninth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My host-aunt from when I was an exchange student in the Dominican Republic is pregnant with a little girl due next month. I can't wait to visit her this summer and see the baby!
Posts: 9 | From: Montana, US | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 10 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, the past few years... friends and family that I know have babies! It's unstoppable!

My co-worker Tammy had her baby girl Jan 6, 2006.

One of my friends, Rick and his wife are due next week (they've known since last summer). So i'm excited.

I found out a couple weeks ago, that one of my best friends and her boyfriend are expecting and due in September. Weird how things turn out eh? I'm getting married in May, and she's having her first child in Sept!

------------------
~Jules

[This message has been edited by summergoddess (edited 02-12-2006).]

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
No_one
Activist
Member # 21227

Icon 10 posted      Profile for No_one         Edit/Delete Post 
My cousin just had her second baby Conner Davis right after Christmas. He is the sweetest baby.

And my other cousin Robyn's son Connor Andrew is about to turn 4 in May. He is the sweetest little boy ever. She's trying to get pregnant again. I can't wait till I have another cousin!!!

Posts: 95 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 10 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my older friend's brother just had a little baby girl on New Years! Her name is Avalon Grace (so pretty, don't you think?). I'm really happy for them.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will hopefully have an almost niece here in the next few days. My finace's sister was due April 1, and now it's April 7. I'm hoping for the mothers sake that this baby decides it wants to come out soon, because I know she's getting a little impatient!

Update: She was induced last night and had the baby at 3:33 this afternoon! It's a girl, 8 lbs, 10 oz (although she lost 3 oz right afterwards because she pooped so much!) 22 inches, and very very cute. As of now she hasn't been named yet. Yay!

[ 04-13-2006, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: magpie ]

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mslutzy
Neophyte
Member # 28288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mslutzy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My aunt's going to have her first baby whose due next month. It's right about the time my holidays start so I'll be able to go see her (the baby's a girl) a lot and maybe even get to help take care of her. I can't wait! Babies are such adorable creatures.
Posts: 15 | From: CAN | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so excited! My boyfriend's Cousin's son came up to me last night and actually called me properly by my name for the first time. Instead of Enny he called me Emma. I was so excited and pleased he even got an extra biscuit with his dinner. I shouldn't have spoilt him but he's only 26 months so i was really proud he'd managed to say the M sound in my name. He he he!
Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a phone call from one of my closest friends and my downstairs neighbor/sometimes roomie back in Minneapolis, with whom, save the last month and a half I've been here, I was constantly with from pretty much the minute she became pregnant, all through her pregnancy.

She just had an easy, quick five-hour-labor, and has a wee, healthy baby boy just under six pounds named Liam.

I'm flying back Saturday to be able to see him and photograph him: I'm really excited to meet him, since it seems like we already spent so much time together when he was in utero.

Yay!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my cousins just had her second baby a few days ago - he was born at about 9 a.m. on....Mother's Day. I can't wait to meet him!

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_Sithney
Activist
Member # 28185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saint_Sithney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My step-sister gave birth to a boy the day before Thanksgiving, but I've only seen the baby once [Frown]
I've seen a lot of pictures, but that's because my stepmother is pleased as punch about the baby and takes loads of pictures of him. I bought him a book of stories though- never too early to start reading to your baby ^_^
And my brother and his wife are talking about a baby after she finishes her Ph.D. I'd love them to have a baby- I'm much closer to them than to my step-sister, and I'd have fun being an indulgent auntie.

--------------------
'My nerves are bad to-night. Yes, bad. Stay with me.
'Speak to me. Why do you never speak? Speak.
'What are you thinking of? What thinking? What?
'I never know what you are thinking. Think.'
-T.S. Eliot The Waste Land

Posts: 71 | From: US | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryTheGypsy
Activist
Member # 28834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaryTheGypsy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My best friend had a baby in december of last year! He's a cutie, and so sweet. I was there during the birth and stayed at the hospital all day just to see little Josh come into the world!

--------------------
~Mary

“People out there must be told about the self-loathing that follows rape and how it's the greatest breakage in divine law to mutilate themselves, as I have done.” Tori Amos

Posts: 40 | From: Virginia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.