Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » hi everyone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hi everyone
jessica161986
Activist
Member # 10961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessica161986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi my name is jessica and i am new here!!I am a teen mother(16)of a1 baby girl and she is 15weeks,,will be 4mos.dec.20th,,,i had her augest 20 2002!!!Me and her father are still together we been dating 2 1/2 yrs now!!This was an unplanned pregnancy too!!but it turned out to be great..i don't regret her,,,even though it was amistake,,she is worth it!!i was very scared at first,,about haven a baby,,i was 15 when i got pregnant,,and i just turned 16 this yr.of may 29!!i was scared about labor,,everything,,but now its ok!but very hard!!i am glad to have my mom and dad and my b/f parents there to support us!! how having A BABY CHANGED MY LIFE IS THAT I DON'T HAVE MOST OF THE FRIENDS I USE TO I DON'T HANG OUT AS MUCH,,ME AND MY B/F STILL GO OUT AND GO LIKE ON DATE LIKE DINNER AND AMOVIE AND STUFF BECAUSE ARE PARENTS WILL BABYSITT BUT THATS ABOUT IT I DON'T GO OUT WITH MY FRIENDS NO MORE!!UR A VERY BUSY PERSON after having ababy no time for nothin...but its all ok,,i am happy my b/f stuck with me instead of ditched me like most guys!!!but are there any teen mothers out there????and do u like being a teen mom???
jessica

Posts: 42 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the boards.

Just for your information, I've found your posts tremendously difficult to read, and thus, to understand. It'd be appreciated if you made an effort to use proper grammar and punctuation and some paragraph breaks henceforth. We ask all users poost in standard English so that we can all understand each other best.

Thanks!

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CONFUSSED
Neophyte
Member # 9052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CONFUSSED     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey jessica,
i just found out that i am pregnant and after reading your post it kinda helped me stay calm. I am 17 years old and me and my bf have been together for a year and 1/2 now. This was an unexpected pregnancy and i am a litte scared. I've always wanted a child but i never expected that i would be a mother at the age of seventeen. I don't know how to tell me parents or what to say, do you have any tips because my mom and dad are kinda strict about that stuff. Another thing i wanted to ask you was how did the nine months go? was it hard to do things while you were pregnant???
reply if you have time
darc

Posts: 6 | From: manitoba canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CONFUSSED:
[B]I don't know how to tell me parents or what to say, do you have any tips because my mom and dad are kinda strict about that stuff.[B]

Hey confussed,

I don't know if you have told your parents by now, but if you are yet to, may I just suggest this ... I had a friend who never directly told her mother - she just let it get to her through the neighborhood grapevine. And that simple fact hurt that mother deeply. Unless you feel your life would be in grave danger, I suggest you sit down and just have a chat with your mom and tell her straight up. Although she is strict, I am sure she would appreciate it.

Sorry I can't really say more. If you head over to the boards at Girlmom.com (http://www.girlmom.com/phpBB/) as well, they have a whole thread on "Telling the 'Rents" you may find helpful.

Rose-Anne

Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My conversation went something like this:

Me: "Bro can you go watch TV down stairs?"
Bro: "No"
Parents: "go"
Bro: "no"
Me: "fine, he is gonna find out sooner or later"
Me: "I am pregnant. IT wasn't planned, but it happened"
Dad: "David (my bro) get down stairs NOW!" I can honestly say I was scared out of my tree, cause my dad was not happy
Once my brother went downstairs, things went a lot better. They were (surprisingly) super supportive, even commenting that it must have been hard keeping this in, ect... I was shocked, but glad to have their support. I would definetly say my parents handled this like a pro!

I was scared out of my tree to tell them. My mom has got some strong opinions on babies before marriage. Tell your parents, you would be surprised at how supportive they are!

Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CONFUSSED
Neophyte
Member # 9052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CONFUSSED     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THanks for the advice. No i haven't told he yet. I do want to tell them both but my boyfriend thinks it might be better if we tell both set of parents together in the same room. Do you have any advice for that??? Do you have any advice on what the pregnancy is gonna be like? I am really scared
thanks for all your help
darc

Posts: 6 | From: manitoba canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VASpider
Neophyte
Member # 11031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VASpider     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might as well jump in with both feet, then.

quote:
I do want to tell them both but my boyfriend thinks it might be better if we tell both set of parents together in the same room. Do you have any advice for that???

Well, nobody can really answer that except for you: only you and your boyfriend know your parents at all. I had a really hard time telling my parents, but my husband's father was no real trouble at all, and I was 23 when I had my son, and married. Ask yourself this: will it be easier to get everything out of the way at once, or will it be better to handle the situation in such a way that you won't (potentially, at least) end up with two sets of parents yelling at you at once? You have to sit down and weigh that one out with your knowledge and your boyfriend's knowledge of your respective parents. I personally would not wanted to have stared down all of the parents at once, but I don't know yours, obviously.

quote:
Do you have any advice on what the pregnancy is gonna be like? I am really scared

The best person to give you advice about what the pregnancy will be like is, of course, your doctor or midwife. That being said, the book I found most helpful was What To Expect When You're Expecting. The book I found least helpful was The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy. The latter is very negative at points and scared me quite a bit when I was pregnant.

As far as specific questions, well, fire away. As a random piece of advice: the best thing anyone told me when I was first pregnant was 'Carnation Instant Breakfast with protein powder added in.' When I couldn't keep anything else down, that made sure I was getting something into my stomach that contained vitamins and minerals and such.

Posts: 4 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.