Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » worrying!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: worrying!!!!!!
Camzie13
Activist
Member # 2908

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Camzie13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guyzm i have been a little worried and i need to know how real these worries are. My bf and i had sex 2 wks ago, and i was due for my period around sun. It hasnt come yet (weds) and im really worried. We used a condom and lube. Afterwards we double checked that it didnt break. Are my worries worth the worry
Posts: 147 | From: NJ | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since your period is late, you can take a pregnancy test now. If you used a condom correctly and it didn't break, your risk of pregnancy is low, so hopefully a test will put your mind at rest. There's no point in worrying when you can go and get a definite answer.
Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camzie13
Activist
Member # 2908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camzie13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
another thing is that it is never really "on time" like on a given day. could it be that cuz im so stressed about it....that it is deciding to come a little late??
Posts: 147 | From: NJ | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, if you don't have regular periods in the first place, it makes being "a day late" not a great indicator of pregnancy! And this is okay, because you're cycle may not settle into a pattern for a while.

It could be delayed because it IS irregular, or, yes, you're worried, or a host of other things. Or, as logic said, the low chance you have of being pregnant. So just do what she said, hey, and go take a test and put your mind at ease

Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camzie13
Activist
Member # 2908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camzie13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
another thing. i have had to pee a lot and it only really started after i found out that that was a symptom of pregnancy. could my mind be trickin itself or b/c i am so worried and nervous that i have to pee more often?? ps. i realized that i made a mistake in calculating the days and i got it mon not sun. so im only 3 days late...can i calm down a little....cuz this is still w/in my normal cycle range?
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be the worrying that's causing you to urinate more often, or you could just be getting more fluids right now. Or maybe you aren't necessarily really urinating more, maybe you just think you are because you're maying attention now. At any rate, it's not a symptom that'll tell you whether or not you're pregnant.

If you've had a pregnancy risk this month, then probably the fastest way to relax and calm your fears is to take a pregnancy test. Taking a test (actually you should take two, one now, one in a week to double check) won't make you pregnant, but it'll certainly give you some peace of mind. Then you'll know whether you're pregnant, or whether it's the stress of worrying about it (or something else) that's making your period late.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
about urinating more and pregnancy. that's because when you're pregnant, your expanded uterus starts to smoosh down on your bladder. The decrese in volume and added pressure make your fill up quickly and thus you feel like you need ot pee more. But this only happen when the woman is relatively far along in her pregnancy (unless you started showing *really* soon).

so please camz, just get the test, and decide whether all this stress and worry is indeed worth the trouble. If it isn't (and that's perfectly okay), sit down with your boyfriend and discuss the possibility of holding off on sex till you're more willing to accept the risks. He'll understand, because if he doesn't, he's being really selfish.

------------------
If the shoe fits, it's probably your size.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camzie13
Activist
Member # 2908

thats wat ive already decided. I dont want to worry like this everytime. and if he doesnt agree....then i will end it.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.