Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » I'm pregnant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm pregnant
scarab509
Neophyte
Member # 10266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarab509     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI. I am 14 and pregnant. I cannot go to an abortion clinic, and if my family finds out, they'll kill me. Is their anyway to do it myself?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, absolutely under no circumstances should you try to perform an abortion yourself or allow anyone who is not a qualified medical professional perform an abortion for you. The consequences of trying something like that can be as serious as death or permanent physical impairment. You must seek professional medical assistance if you intend to have an abortion. Please, do not try anything to abort your pregnancy by yourself.

Abortion – One Woman’s Story

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scarab, there are a few hotlines who you can call if you have decided abortion is the right choice for you -- or even if you haven't, but want to talk about it and see what your options really are.

You can call the following for resources as well as for information on the Hersey Fund, a fund set up to help women pay for abortions, at: (toll freee) 1-888-439-0124

If you post your state and county, I can get you more resources. But as Kitten made clear, you cannot do it yourself. Abortion is legal largely because of how very many women died trying to do just that in the past. To boot, attempts at such, even if they don't kill you, can cause you serious harm, and you may STILL remain pregnant.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 67932 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KittenGoddess is right, and here's some additional information...

Frankly, if you know that you are pregnant (taken a home pregnancy test, etc), you need to get some sort of professional advice now.

Planned Parenthood may be a good place to start. Some Planned Parenthood clinics may offer abortion, some may not, but in any case, they should be able to give you good pregnancy counseling and advice.

As quoted from this thread this thread

quote:

If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant, see a doctor. Pre-natal care and counsoling are one of those The Sooner The Better types of things. The sooner you acknowledge your pregnancy, the more options you have, and the more time you have to consider those options. This would also be an excellent time to get tested for STDs.

Please don't try to ignore your pregnancy, hope for a miscarriage, or wait to see what happens. If you act now, you have more time to figure out what's best for you.

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarab509
Neophyte
Member # 10266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarab509     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how do you know if uve had a misscariage?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you suspect you may have had, or may be having a miscarriage, you go to the hospital, pronto. Doctors can tell you, and treat you appropriately, and not seeking medical help when you need it could cause you serious damage. Parents feelings, and concerns about other people really don't matter when your health is on the line.

------------------
Milke, SSBD

Hang on to your ego . . .

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Symptoms of miscarriage may include:
¥ spotting
¥ passing blood clots or tissue
¥ decreased breast tenderness
¥ no fetal movement or no heart sounds of the fetus
¥ heavy cramping
¥ heavy vaginal bleedingÊ

However, very early miscarriages are difficult if not impossible to identify.

Scarab, unless you've been asking about someone else, as I understand it you suspect you are pregnant due to being a rape victim? If this is the case, you can get ALL the assistance you need -- pregnancy and STD testing, counseling, legal help, possible aid with abortion if desired -- from a rape counselor which will be provided for you when you report the rape.

I earnestly encourage you to do so if this is the case. Just FYI, in case you need this clarified, rape is the act of forced penetration or sexual activity involving any bodily orifice. Rape and sexual assault are accomplished by the use of force, the threat of force, or without force when the survivor is unable to physically or mentally give her or his consent.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 67932 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.