Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: worried
xxiadany
Neophyte
Member # 9620

Icon 9 posted      Profile for xxiadany     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have had sex three times, twice early aug. and once aug.31, (sorry for being so detailed, but i think the dates are important to get my point across)i used a condom everytime. i got my period normally for the month of august like on the 24th or something, then like i said, i had sex on the 31st, once my period was over. then on the 2nd of this month i noticed i was spotting and continued to do so for a whole week as if i got my period again but it wasnt as heavy as normal. i have had my period for 9 yrs. and this had never happened before. a friend told me that this could be a sign of pregnancy is this true? i thought that if ur pregnant theres no way you can get your period. but can u spot, like for a whole week? if i am pregnant though, it couldnt have happened the first two times, right since i got my period normally after that, or can i be wrong? also i have heard that if u start eating different that can affect ur period, well i did not eat solid food for like a week because i got some dental work done. but i do not remeber if this was before, during, or after my period (the normal one), could this be a cause to what happened? one last thing, is it too early to detect pregnancy with a home kit? thank u guys very much u guys are alot of help.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what you say, it's been more than 10 days since the most recent incident of sex you are worried about, right? In that case you can use a home pregnancy test now.

If you're pregnant, you wouldn't get your normal period, but some women do experience spotting during pregnancy.The best way to find out if you're pregnant or not is to take the test.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxiadany
Neophyte
Member # 9620

Icon 5 posted      Profile for xxiadany     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so a home pregnancy can give you an answer as soon as 10 days after you have intercourse?
Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sexual Health 101:

quote:
If you suspect you are pregnant, you may use a home pregnancy test as soon as ten days following the possible pregnancy.

[This message has been edited by Zanney (edited 09-11-2002).]

Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxiadany
Neophyte
Member # 9620

Icon 7 posted      Profile for xxiadany     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK I TOOK A HOME TEST TODAY AND IT CAME BACK NEGATIVE! BUT JUST TO MAKE SURE ME AND MY BEAU HAVE DECIDED TO TAKE ANOTHER ONE IN ABOUT TWO WKS. IS THIS GOOD TIMING? REMEMBER THAT WE LAST HAD SEX EXACTLY 12 DAYS AGO, SO WE WERE THINKING THAT MAYBE IT WAS TOO SOON TO DETECT THAT, AND TAKING ANOTHER ONE IN TWO WEEKS MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA. OR SHOULD WE JUST TRUST THIS ONE? WE WILL NOT HAVE SEX WHILE WE WAIT TO RETEST, ACTUALLY WE HAVE DECIDED TO HOLD OFF, THIS IS TOO STRESSFUL, WE WOULD RATHER WAIT UNTILL A PREGNANCY ISN'T SOMETHING SO HORRIBLY SCARY, WHEN IT IS SOMETHING WE CAN HANDLE IN OUR LIFES IF IT HAPPENS. OH ONE MORE THING, SHOULD I EXPECT MY PERIOD 28 DAYS AFTER THE FIRST PERIOD THAT I GOT THIS MONTH, OR THE SECOND ABNORMAL PERIOD? THANK U GUYS FOR UR HELP!
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We usually recommend taking a second pregnancy test one week after the first so definitely take a second test. Whether you take it in one week or two is completely up to you.

Not being pregnant really doesn't explain why your period was abnormal. It's likely it could have been from stress, in which case you should be fine next month - unless you're stressed out again. If your period continues to behave oddly make an appointment with your gyne.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.