Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » just a tad bit worried....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just a tad bit worried....
Nick
Neophyte
Member # 3597

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me and my g/f had sex yesterday, shes on the pill plus we use a condom! but the condom split and we didnt realise until id ejaculated! were going to family planning tomoro to enquire there as well, but i just wanted to know what the chances of my g/f being pregnant are?

thanks

Posts: 35 | From: England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
??ButteCupBby??
Neophyte
Member # 4347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ??ButteCupBby??     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since she was on the pill, the risk is pretty low. But it's not 100% effective. But you do have a STD risk. Since you're going to Family planning, she should be able to get Emergency Contraceptive. Which will lessen the risk of pregnancy a great deal. But while you are there, you should ask about a STD screening if you have not already had one. I hope everything works out. Laterz.

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have but one life to live
So Live it to the fullest
~by~I don't know
??ߵŧŧε ߥ??

Posts: 19 | From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If she's taking the pill consistently and according to the instructions on the packet, then the chances that she is pregnant are very low. However, the condom breakage means that you two do have a potential STD risk.

Good for you both for using condoms as well as the pill, by the way .

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've got a What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts for just such questions.

quote:
Did you attempt correctly use a condom for penis-in-vagina intercourse, but had a problem with the condom, such as having the condom break?

If you DID HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR CONDOM, such as breakage, then you have a MODERATE to HIGH RISK of pregnancy. See your health care provider as soon as possible for a pregnancy test/Morning After Pill and an STD screening.

However, if your girlfriend is on the pill, and has been taking it correctly (taking it at the same time everyday, hasn't taken any medications that would interfere with it, hasn't been ill, etc.), then your pregnancy risk will be much lower. You will both still have an STD risk also. So, it's a good idea to go to your local clinic and inquire about both emergency contraception (if they think that would be advisable) and STD testing for both of you.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol, My goodness, what a Mindmeld!
Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Neophyte
Member # 3597

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well shes taken the pill for 2 years consistantly (same time same day)

we planned on going to get screened for STD's anyway i just guess theres a greater need now!

thanks you have all been very helpful :-)

Posts: 35 | From: England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.