Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Is anyone in my situation?!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is anyone in my situation?!!
HockeyGrl
Neophyte
Member # 9401

Icon 5 posted      Profile for HockeyGrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have NEVER had sexual intercourse with my bf of one year but we do, like most healthy couples, engage in sexual activity. 100% percent of the time I am wearing both pants and underwear and almost all of the time he is wearing AT LEAST underwear. I make sure we are wearing our "barriers!" (we dry sex)But of coarse I know that underwear is NOT a form of birth control which is making me very concerned. I missed my period last month (july) and have not gotten it since
( it`s Aug. 7th). So I`m wondering if maybe there is a possibility that I have a high risk of pregnancy or stress related menstrual delay.
I have been under stress worrying about college next month,...tuition fees,...having been in a recent car accident..and the basic heat from the summer has caused some stress...is it higher likely that i`m stressed...or is pregnancy more of a possibility?

Thanks Sweeties,
H.G

Posts: 34 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am afraid none of us here will be able to tell you why your period is late. The only way you can discount the fact that you might be pregnant is if you take a pregnancy test or two to be on the safe side. If you don't happen to be pregnant, then go see a gynae or your GP who can then give you a more accurate reason why your period might be late.

What you consider protection (ie your clothes) is really not very good protection at all. Should his semen happen to seep through your underwear and into your vulva, there already is a pregnancy risk.

Check out this article to assess your pregnancy risk.

But most importantly, regardless of how low your pregnancy risk might be, get a pregnancy test done to be sure and at the same time, stock up on some condoms and lubricant which are what we call real protection.

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 08-08-2002).]

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dissolvedgirl
Neophyte
Member # 9466

Icon 9 posted      Profile for dissolvedgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if it's pregnancy, I mean, I guess it depends on what type of pants you were wearing? It would be really rare if you got pregnant while wearing pants and underwear. But nonetheless, take a pregnancy test or see a gyno. Hope it all works out.

------------------
"I dreamt of a man, he fed me fine foods, he gave me shiny things."

Posts: 9 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the only way you'll find out is if you take a pregnancy test. if you cant afford it call Planned Parenthood to find a clinic located near you, toll-free at: (800)230-PLAN.

------------------
my world

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HockeyGrl
Neophyte
Member # 9401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HockeyGrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I`m NOT PREGNANT!! THANK GOD! thanks for all of your help everyone

Posts: 34 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.