Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » risk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: risk?
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blond ambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend had an incident with her boyfriend where she was afraid his seman gotten close to or in her vagina when he was rubbing against her butt and ejaculated...she was due for her period soon, and she thinks she was maybe late on it, but she had it for a day, then it stoped... can she still get her period cause it was coming so soon, close to the incident and still be pregnant?...shes worried that it can be the blood that comes when the fetus is making a home because it had stopped after a day...
any more information on this would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

Posts: 351 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats the Risk?

She is either pregnant, or she is not. She has two options:

a) Take a pregnancy test. These are pretty darned reliable, and can be taken 10 days after the incident, or from the first day of a missed period.

b) Wait 9 months. Give birth. Thats a 100% reliable method of finding out whether you are pregnant or not.

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum10/HTML/000215.html

[This message has been edited by entropie (edited 08-07-2002).]

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnsouthpawjr
Activist
Member # 9384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnsouthpawjr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry but I find this reply a bit offensive. When people come on this site and ask for advice, whould they NOT be treated with respect rather than sarcasm? I'm NOT trying to pick a fight -- rather I'm going to state my opinion. The second option she gave implies irresponsibility. That could make things worse.

She can take a pregnancy test as entropie said 10 days after the encounter or after she has been late. If by chance it's negative, she can retake it about a week later either with a test kit or at a clinic.

She may want to consult a clinic about that bleeding.

The added stress could delay her period.

I wish her the best of luck

Posts: 73 | From: Louisville, KY USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mnsouth, if you have a complaint about one of the volunteers or staff, it should be sent to info@scarleteen.com, not here at the boards.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Sexpert

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blond ambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx mnsouthpaw

I come on here to find any new information i can, not hear what i already know, we already know to prolly end up taking a test and all that, but i came on to find out more information on the subject. I read things on this site that are very helpful, but try to search for more info on it. Seems like a lot of times i ASK for information, i just get negativity and my honest clear questions are not answered. I didnt ask for advise, simply more info, or else why would this "asking/discussion" section take place, you could just put up a sign that says dont ask us, ask your doctor or take a test. I thought this discussion forum was for young people to come for for support and help. If i cant come to this forum for what i THOUGHT it was about, then i guess i should just take it elsewhere or stumble around in the dark untill i figure things out on my own. We know well have to take a test, we know your not doctors, but if we cant ask questons, asking for more info (and i think mine are honest questions)then why does this forum exist?

Posts: 351 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the information Scarleteen has on how to assess your friend's risk of pregnancy is at the link entropie already gave - What's The Risk?.

Beyond that, there isn't any more info anyone can contribute. Since the bleeding wasn't her usual period, it's perfectly possible that your friend could have got pregnant if semen did get onto her vulva, and that the bleeding could have been implantation bleeding. On the other hand, it's perfectly possible that she's not pregnant.

If she wants to know whether she's pregnant or not, the best method is not for a bunch of strangers who weren't there and don't know exactly what happened to try to guess at her exact risk, it's for her to take a pregnancy test.

quote:
you could just put up a sign that says dont ask us, ask your doctor or take a test.

Well, it's not possible to do a pregnancy test or a medical examination over the internet, so there are going to be some questions where the only responsible answer is going to be "ask your doctor" or "take a test".

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.