Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » I think I'm pregnant (i'm only 14)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I think I'm pregnant (i'm only 14)
bettyboop198
Neophyte
Member # 7852

Icon 4 posted      Profile for bettyboop198     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 14 years old, and I think I might be pregnant. I have had sex with my boyfriend 5 times, and 4 of those were unprotected. He says he pulls out before he cums, but i'm not sure. Lately I've had really weird mood changes and stuff. For example, on top of the mood swings, I've been dizzy and hungrier, and have had an upset stomach. Are these signs of early pregnancy? My period osnt for another week or so, so I cant tell if I'm skipping it or not yet. I need help and info on whether or not I am pregnant. Please give me advice. Also, should I tell my boyfriend, or wait?
Posts: 5 | From: norco | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only a pregnancy test can tell you if you're pregnant, so your best course of action would be to wait and see if you miss your period and then take a pregnancy test if it fails to arrive. All the other "signs" of pregnancy could be signs of just about anything -- so you're going to need to take a test to be sure. That's the only advice we can honestly give you.

You might want to talk to your boyfriend about making sure that you can get a pregnancy test, and what you'll do if it's positive or negative, as well as how you can prevent future pregnancies.

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First thing's first: withdrawl or "pulling out" is not a viable means of birth control. Get yourself some condoms and another form of birth control, and avoid having sex again until you are properly protected. You also need to start going to the gynecologist at regular intervals to be tested for sexually transmitted diseases and for exams.

Secondly, do not rely on your various "symptoms" to tell if you are pregnant or not. The only sure sign of an early pregnancy is a positive pregnancy test. How long has it been since you first had unprotected sex? If it has been more than 2 weeks, you can take a pregnancy test now and it will be accurate. If it has not been more than 2 weeks, or you have had a period since the first time and had unprotected sex again, then you need to wait until your period is due to arrive to take a pregnancy test.

Third, read these articles and familiarize yourself with the search function.

Where DID I Come From?

What's The Risk?

Safe, Sound and Sexy

Margaret Sanger's Disneyland: a quick chart of your birth control options

If you are in the United States and need to find a Planned Parenthood clinic, visit The Planned Parenthood Website.

---
MindMeld!
---

[This message has been edited by Aria51 (edited 04-29-2002).]

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.