Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » PLEASE...I need advice!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PLEASE...I need advice!
muzicgurl15
Neophyte
Member # 6382

Icon 9 posted      Profile for muzicgurl15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! K, I had unprotected sex on New Year's Eve, and I'm not on the pill! We stopped in the middle because we realized how stupid it was. I'm so scared-I know that I have a VERY HIGH risk of getting pregnant! I wanted to get the morning after pill, but there was no way I could! My mom would kill me if she knew! I'm kicking myself for doing such a stupid thing! My b/f's stepmom is a nurse and gives him condoms, so he's going to talk to her about getting me on birth control. But, I know that even if I get on it now, it could be too late! I know this was such a stupid thing to do, and I'm not going to do it again! But, I'm scared to death, I have no one to talk to, and I don't know what to do! Please help me!!!
Posts: 1 | From: Kearney, MO USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
calm down, you still have time. get thee to a doctor or to Planned Parenthood and ask for Emergency Contraception. They'll ask you a few questions, maybe check you over. And then you take the pills as they direct you. If possible, avoid stressful or strenuous activity after taking emergency contraception because they tend ot make some people feel a little ill (fatigue, nausea, etc.). But don't worry about side effects, it goes away after a day or two.

Take care, and i hope you've learned a *valuable* lesson.

------------------
srm? wtf? iyhta ... rtfm!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go get the Morning After Pill ASAP. Your mom doesn't have to find out. However, if it's a choice between your mom finding out or getting pregnant, I think you should tell your mom. It's better to try and prevent the pregnancy while you can, rather than having to decide between abortion, adoption, or raising the baby.

Getting on the pill now, tomorrow, or next week will do nothing to reduce your pregnancy risk for this incident.

Go to this website and find the nearest MAP provider. And please hurry. Good luck.

http://www.ppfa.org/ec

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely go to your doc and get the morning after pill ASAP. Look at it this way hon, would you rather piss off your mother or would you rather be pregnant? I think the choice is pretty clear...
Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eep, we all manged to forget to mention this, but Emergency Contraception needs to be taken within 72 hours of the sexual encounter to be reasonably (75%) effective so get to your doctor by the night of January 3. Go, hurry, get your keister to the doctor!!!

------------------
srm? wtf? iyhta ... rtfm!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rekling
Activist
Member # 6341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rekling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
re: EC (emergency contraception, aka the morning after pill):
i keep seeing people on these boards recommending calling Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood is great, but they aren't the only place that provides emergency contraception, which is really important for those of us who live 45 minutes away from the nearest PP clinic, and have no ability to transport ourselves there!
to find the closest provider of EC, there is a toll-free hotline (it even ryhmes so you can remember it):
1-888-not-2-late

Posts: 72 | From: oberlin, oh / new york city | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.