Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » sex while pregnant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sex while pregnant
latina
Neophyte
Member # 6020

Icon 5 posted      Profile for latina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know people can still have sex while they are pregnant, but isn't that harmful for your baby? also, up to how many months can you have sex?? my friend told me up to five, but i have another friend who was recently pregnant, and kept doing it until about a month before she delivered. thank-you
Posts: 6 | From: willis,tx,usa | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when i was pregnant the doctors told me that it was safe to have sex throughout your entire pregnancy. it will not harm the baby in anyway. although i have also heard that when you are dilated it can make you go into labor faster but im not sure. i had sex the same day as both of my kids were born but they were also 2 months early.
Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All forms of sex can be safely done throughout pregnancy, unless the expectant mother is having problems with her cervix or is at risk for going into preterm labor. These risks are assessed by a doctor.

Oral sex should only be done with extreme caution. Air blown into a pregnant woman's vaginal canal, even by accident, can cause an embollism, which can be fatal for mother and baby. I'll try to dig up some more information about this.

Intercourse can be done as long as both partners are comfortable doing so. I had intercourse a few days before I was induced, and my baby was born a week late. Like Koger said, some women do find intercourse extremely helpful in inducing childbirth. This is why many doctors suggest women who are past 40 weeks to have intercourse or some other sort of sexual stimulation. (genitals, nipples, etc.)

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would you believe I read somewhere that it's actually good for the baby (except, of course, in some cases)? I can't find the mag right now, I can't even remember how it's suppose to work.

Can anyone out there explain that?

------------------
*Read my diary

*Read my page

*And...alwayz :)

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having a mum who's happy and relaxed makes for a healthier baby. If sex causes these feelings in the mother, it'll mean things like increased oxygen to her baby.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.