Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Possibly Pregnant...HELP!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possibly Pregnant...HELP!!!!
Member # 5531

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Freakazoid123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, Well I have posted about this topic goes again.
I last posted that I may have been pregnant and i took a test (before my period was due) and it came out negative. But My period is over a month late...I should have gotten it twice by now. I did have unprotected sex 5 times, with two different guys (I had sex with one 4 times and he pulled out) and he knows I may be preg. and is very supportive. If I was I would be almost 2 months pregnant. I'll list the "symptoms" I have had and someone please help me or tell me if I am just crazy...
*Fluttery feelings in my belly
*Nauseated, especially after I eat and in the middle of the night
*Late period (as I said before)
*I have to urinate ALOT
*Fatigued alot/sleep alot more
*increased appetite
PLEASE HELP...and Give me advice on how to tell my parents I am 15 years old and the guy that knows about it...well, my family hates him (somewhat personal reasons) and my parents don't know that I am sexually active

[This message has been edited by Freakazoid123 (edited 11-21-2001).]

Posts: 4 | From: MN, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear, the first thing you should do is that you go out and buy another pregnancy test or going to a planned parenthood or sexual health clinic and getting a test there. And while you are at a clinic, get yourself a FULL std screen, too.

There is NO point at all at trying to analyze the symptoms that you are having and discussing the consequences when you can actually KNOW for sure whether you are pregnant or not.
You should have taken a pregnancy a week after the negative one anyway, as your period didn't arrive. So stop the wait and the worry.
Take a test.

Once you know the result, you can start thinking about what you got to do. If you are indeed pregnant, your three options are parenting, carrying the child to term and opt for adoption or abortion. No matter what your decision, the earlier you either get prenatal care or a termination of your pregnancy, the better. So if the test is positive: get your bum to a clinic ASAP, to date the pregnancy. Pregnancy counselling is also available at Planned Parenthood Clinics.

So take a test, and take it from there. We'll all be more than glad to offer support once you know what's really up.

~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5531

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Freakazoid123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's official....I'm pregnant! I'm so confused! But, I doplan on keeping my child. But I am worried bacause this weekend my family was out of town and my mom and I were tlaking and she said that if I ever came home and told her I was pregnant she would take my child till I was old enough. I know it's not because I wouldn't be a good's because she really really wants another child badly and she cant have one because of ovarian cancer. But I KNOW I would be a very good mother. Because I practically raised my little brother and sister (who are now 8 and 9) from the time they were 3 and 4 until last year, because of family problems. The guy knew I may have been pregnant but he is out of town and I cant tell him I am forsure until monday.

And as for taking a test a week after the negative one, I couldn't. Because the clinic I went to was at my school and I got really sick with mono, meangitis and another virus. And I couldn't go to school for 6 weeks and by the time I got better my school dropped me because I was gone so long and I couldn't go back to the clinic.

Also does anyone have any suggestions on how to tell my parents??? I realy need help on that part!!!!please help!!! I dont know what to do.

Posts: 4 | From: MN, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) Your mother cannot simply take your child because she wants one, sweetie.

I'd sugggest at this point that you get a little good, outside advice. Why don't you drop me a note( and tell me where you are here in Minnesota, and I can point you to a local place to start (I can also ask my schoolteacher partner about the situation with your school if you like, it sounds fishy to me).

In the interim, I'm sure some of the young mothers here can share how they talked to their parents.

Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.