Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » could i be pregnant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: could i be pregnant
miss bitch
Neophyte
Member # 1549

Icon 5 posted      Profile for miss bitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am just back from my holiday, and I had unprotected sex last sunday, but the guy did pull out. i have a boyfriend who i have been having sex with for about 5 weeks, always protected, so i have been getting leg cramps and stomach pains which is what i get when im due my period, except i'm not due for another week or 2, i have sore breasts, I am absolutely shattered most of the time, and i am peeing a lot. am i just over-reacting or what?

------------------
~G

Posts: 20 | From: uk | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, honey, you could be pregnant. (Check the Pregnancy Risk chart)

Withdrawal is NOT a method of birth control.

You could also have gotten yourself an STD, too.

What's happening to yourself at the moment is most likely your head playing tricks to you, simply because you know that what you did was high risk. I recommend that you head to a local sexual health clinic immediately and get yourself emergency contraception, which works best within 72 hours, but can still lower your pregnancy risk at a later point in time.

In a few weeks, you should get yourself an STD screen (the people at the clinic can advise you further) and well, you should give some thought about telling your partner about what happened last weekend. Simply because you're putting him at an STD risk, too. Condoms, after all, do not preotect from all STDs (like HPV, for example).

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilacy
Neophyte
Member # 5688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilacy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi i domt know if you are gonna check this, but to th girl wejo had symptoms of her periood but wasnt expecting it for a couple weeks and was nervous about pregnancy, im in the exact samme boat. so did u turn out to be pregnant?
Posts: 16 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She's not returned, so we don't know, but...

Please do not try to diagnose pregnancy through symptoms or other people's experiences. You need to take a test if you suspect you are pregnant. That is the ONLY way to know if you are pregnant, short of actually giving birth. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Having unprotected sex had a lot more consequences, however, and you need a full STD/STI screen ASAP, and then another in six months.

Your local Marie Stopes or GUM clinic can assist you if you are in the UK, clinic services would be free of charge, so find one near you at http://www.shastd.org.uk/clinics/clinics.htm

If you are in the US, Planned Parenthood can also assist you. Find one near you at http://www.plannedparenthood.org/ZIP.HTM

Remember that if you're sensible about protection and use a condom EVERY time, you can save yourself a lot of stress and possibly much worse!

------------------
Hope this helps,
--Bri

[This message has been edited by DarlingBri (edited 11-03-2001).]

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.